Damon diadema

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Marvelous creatures! Great pics! I've had my 2:1 D. diadema a little over a year...they're fantastic, aren't they?

Toff202

Arachnoknight
Marvelous creatures! Great pics! I've had my 2:1 D. diadema a little over a year...they're fantastic, aren't they?
Indeed! Thanks :) They're great, unfortunately I never see them eat because they're so shy. Are you planning on breeding yours?

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Indeed! Thanks :) They're great, unfortunately I never see them eat because they're so shy. Are you planning on breeding yours?
Your whiplings look quite young...when mine were younger I rarely saw them eat. As they have gotten older, they have grown much bolder. I now see them hunt and eat all the time. I suspect yours will become less shy with time as well. The setup they are in can also make a difference as to how often you see them eat. I have one of my D. diadema in a somewhat naturalistic setup with an attached cork background and removeable cork flat, forming a hide. When I want to watch it hunt, I carefully remove the flat and toss in a cricket. Within moments, my whip is usually on the prowl. The other two enclosures are smaller, styrofoam-backed Rubbermaid containers based on @wizentrop 's design. The idea behind these enclosures is that they are compact enough to feel like a hide, so the whips feel secure, yet the styrofoam allows for easy viewing. They work like a charm!

I would love to breed my D. diadema in the future. My trio are all CB siblings, so I may seek out an unrelated female first.

Toff202

Arachnoknight
Your whiplings look quite young...when mine were younger I rarely saw them eat. As they have gotten older, they have grown much bolder. I now see them hunt and eat all the time. I suspect yours will become less shy with time as well. The setup they are in can also make a difference as to how often you see them eat. I have one of my D. diadema in a somewhat naturalistic setup with an attached cork background and removeable cork flat, forming a hide. When I want to watch it hunt, I carefully remove the flat and toss in a cricket. Within moments, my whip is usually on the prowl. The other two enclosures are smaller, styrofoam-backed Rubbermaid containers based on @wizentrop 's design. The idea behind these enclosures is that they are compact enough to feel like a hide, so the whips feel secure, yet the styrofoam allows for easy viewing. They work like a charm!

I would love to breed my D. diadema in the future. My trio are all CB siblings, so I may seek out an unrelated female first.
Now that mine have molted, I see them eat most of the time :) I use a similar setup, but with cork tile instead of styrofoam and with a piece of bark standing against the cork. It looks good and also works well.
Good luck breeding them!

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Ah, nice high definition pictures; just how I like it. I always wanted one of these. Beautiful!

Ghoul

Arachnosquire
Aw just the size my Benji was when I got him. They grow up so fast :')
//wipes single tear off face//

Ghoul

Arachnosquire
Pretty child! Do you feed it with crickets?
Mine never really wanted crickets and instead got a woodlice-only diet (they were originally supposed to get rid of molt in his enclosure). Benji is a picky eater.