[Inquiry] Dallas, TX area T's to buy $$

CBickert

Arachnopeon
Hello all,

I recently moved to a new city and because I didn't want the hassle/risk of moving with a bunch of slings I sold all of my collection besides my original 2.
However, since settling into my new place I have that itch to collect more.

In the past I have ordered from online dealers and am aware of the major players as well as the smaller dealers that advertise here on AB.
My question is, is there a good place around the DFW metroplex to go and look and buy T's or is there a reputable expo that comes to Dallas where I can pick up some T's.

Thanks and let me know if you are in the Dallas, TX area also!

TarantulaGuy84

Arachnopeon
I don't really know of any places in DFW that sell T's. I do know that the NARBC comes to Arlington twice a year and then there's a smaller expo (Lone Star Reptile Expo) that goes to Arlington as well a few times a year. Location for the Lone Star Expo - Knights of Columbus Hall, 2625 South Cooper Street, Arlington, TX 76015, upcoming schedule

(JULY 18 - 19, OCTOBER 17 - 18, DECEMBER 12 - 13)

<edit>

---------- Post added 06-28-2015 at 04:14 PM ----------

Also forgot to mention, if you do ever take a trip down south (Austin area) there is a place there called Zoo Keepers (exotic pet-shop), GREAT selection on T's and lots to chose from!

Last edited by a moderator:

Fyrwulf

Arachnosquire
Also forgot to mention, if you do ever take a trip down south (Austin area) there is a place there called Zoo Keepers (exotic pet-shop), GREAT selection on T's and lots to chose from!
Well, it's great for a pet store. You can still get a better selection online. The highlight of the store is Sue the two-toed sloth.

EDIT: To give the store its due, I'm sure they can get anything. Also, their tarantula guy is published, so he knows his stuff.

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
Welcome to the neighborhood. I would suggest joining the Yahoo! group DFW_TAG and asking around there. It is a group of tarantula and invertebrate enthusiasts in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area. Sometimes there are members that offer their surplus spiders for sale.

PrettyPrettyPetrie

Arachnopeon
I'm years late in responding here and I am likely not helping OP directly, but I might be able to help someone looking in the future. DFW Reptarium sells both slings and juvie T's. They post the availability on their website usually weekly. If they don't have one you are looking for, they are a family run company and can order for you. The cool thing about them ordering for you is that they place a big order and you don't have to worry about the shipping cost or LAG.

wrylyaddison

Arachnopeon
I’m also very late, but if anyone else is interested: The Serpentarium off 75 has a great selection and occasionally you can score some good deals.

Charybids

Arachnopeon
You helped me as I’ve been watching this thread and hoping for a response! Thank you!
So... I'd personally join facebook groups since there are a tons of local breeders that are willing to work with you and they care they provided for their T's is superb. <edit> Just go on craiglist or facebook, you're better off with more experienced and dedicated breeders anyways, I bought 6 T's for $200 from a breeder compare to 1-2 T's for >$200 <edit>

Last edited by a moderator: