D diamantinensis sling enclosure

Crestie57

Arachnopeon
I received my Dolichothele diamantinensis 1 inch sling about 1 1/2 weeks ago. I thought I felt confident that I had set up an acceptable enclosure after reading through the forums, but now I am second guessing myself. I decided to go with a baseball display case instead of a 16 oz deli cup because it is clear and allows better visibility. Ventilation holes were drilled in all 4 sides. The plants are plastic and are supposed to provide cover and webbing anchor points. Some of the substrate is very slightly damp to the touch and some is dry.

Does this set up seem reasonable or is there a problem that I haven't noted? Does this appear to be adequate ventilation or is more drilling needed? Should I have left more distance from the substrate to the top since it is a sling? Thanks in advance for the advice.

IMG_0239.JPG IMG_0243.JPG IMG_0244.JPG

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
D. diamantinensis are heavy webers they dont need quite that much substrate. They are also skittish and prone to bolt when startled. I would take half the sub out giving it more room to web up a den. They are similar to GBB's and do alright with the extra height . They also grow pretty quick.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
1" sling doesn't need nearly that much, and everything above from SD is spot on. Having such a short distance to the top is a bad idea with any fast T.