Cyriopagopus sp. Hati Hati care?

R89900

Arachnopeon
Hello, I have recently got a cyriopagopus hati hati sling. I'm just finding it difficult to find care information about them. I understand that they are fairly new. He/she came with the name 'purple hati tarantula' I was just hoping to find someone that has successfully kept them before? Should I just look up general cyriopagopus care sheets? Any info would be great, thanks!

R89900

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the reply, do you know a specific temp and humidity? Should I just over flow or spray too?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Keep them like any other humid Asian arboreal.

Relatively deep moist sub, but leave room to climb. They're basically Cyriopagopus when young, as in they tunnel deep and never climb.

Don't chase humidity numbers. Just keep moist. And don't bother spraying to bump humidity. Just pour water in.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I spray all my arboreals once a week.

In my experience they are seen more when given a decent mist. The usual suspects for this are Hati Hati, H. mac, Phormingos and Avics.

Of course I dont think it isnt necessary if a suitable water dish is provided.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I spray all my arboreals once a week.

In my experience they are seen more when given a decent mist. The usual suspects for this are Hati Hati, H. mac, Phormingos and Avics.

Of course I dont think it isnt necessary if a suitable water dish is provided.
Same here.. It's stimuli that they would normally encounter in nature. No reason not to provide it.

I also notice that alot of my arboreals not only come out to play in the rain but they also use the droplets on the side as a drinking source.. It's a win, win..

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I also notice that alot of my arboreals not only come out to play in the rain but they also use the droplets on the side as a drinking source.. It's a win, win..
I am the same. I see them in the day drinking the droplets out in the open. Maybe as they feel safer than going down to the dish. They can make a hasty retreat if need be.

R89900

Arachnopeon
I might just go with a mix of both then! If only there were standard care sheets for all these different T's! Thanks everyone.

cold blood

Staff member
If only there were standard care sheets for all these different T's! Thanks everyone.
Why, they're all raised basically the same. Every single Asian arboreal you raise will be just like this as a sling. A care sheet for every species is not only a waste of time, but only serves to confuse new keepers...we see it all the time from new keepers relying on care sheets for their tarantulas.

Almost all slings need a degree of damp sub (baboons are the main exception). No t needs specific temps or humidity numbers.....you will be better off if you start ignoring care sheets completely...they lead keepers down the wrong path....avoid them.

R89900

Arachnopeon
Yeah I understand, just want to do the best thing for my T's. This is my first old world t and there's a lot of conflicting info wherever I look. And there's not a lot of info out there for this specific species.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Please, ignore care sheets. Cage set ups are pretty simple, there's only a few variables to adjust:

- substrate moisture
- substrate depth
- ventilation
- cage height/depth
- temps
- cage decorations

Substrate moisture, water bowls, and ventilation drive humidity. Adjust accordingly. Condensation is to be avoided. Some like to dig, others don't. Don't put hard objects (which includes water bowls) near sides that are high, falling spiders can be injured or killed. Don't overdo cage size or height. Cage decorations shouldn't be sharp or hazardous, and should give the cage a more natural look. Misting/spraying can panic spiders, they've evolved to fear heavy rains that could wash them away.

Hydration - For small slings, I use long fiber sphagnum and keep it moist. Once they're 1/2", I give them small, shallow water bowls (plastic lids from 16 oz water bottles). Disposable soufflé cups make ideal water bowls: juveniles get 1 oz, adults 3.25 oz; they can be purchased by the sleeve at restaurant supply stores. Artsy fartsy water bowls look nice but should be scrubbed periodically to keep bacteria out.

The cage is for them, not you. They live there, you don't. You have the rest of the house. That square foot is their territory & their world, respect it. Every time you open the lid, you're an intruder, & regardless of your intentions, you weren't invited.

curtisgiganteus

ArachnoViking, Conqueror of Poikilos and Therion
Old Timer
I know this is an old post but the last paragraph in your comment struck a chord. Truer words have never been said.