Cyriopagopus lividus

TheKid

Arachnopeon
I was wondering if this species is also known as the emerald green. I was told it is the new species of Cyriopagopus. I have not heard word since I have asked. I've been caught up in the confusion of cyriopagopus

Deeser

Arachnosquire
This is why common names are no good :) Cyriopagopus sp. Lividus = Cobalt Blue

Not sure if there is an emerald green mutation or regional variation but I have no knowledge of one.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Yeah thanks, and it usually is noticeable when that happens. I doubt there is a variation but I'd be happy to be surprised.
Dont listen to @Venom1080, he is just bitter that he doesnt have one.

Cyriopagopus lividus is ex. Haplopelma lividum.

There are variants of this that are different color than the typical "Cobalt Blue".

C. lividus (Hua Hin District, Thailand) is 'Emerald Green'

C. lividus (Ta Yang, Thailand) is 'Green Femur'

And there has been a variant found on border of Cambodia that is known as 'Midnight Blue' sometimes labelled as Cyriopagopus sp. 'Cambodia' or Cyriopagopus sp. 'midnight blue'

TheKid

Arachnopeon
sounds and looks like a beauty, thanks. I'll hopefully have one arrivefrom a good friend

cold blood

Staff member
sounds and looks like a beauty, thanks. I'll hopefully have one arrivefrom a good friend
beauty...ha....it will just look like an enclosure full of sub anyway...lmao. Beauty means less when it stays hidden away all the time.:D

cold blood

Staff member
I have seen the green varient kezy mentioned once....it drove me nuts because i thought i was crazy or something for years after as i couldnt ever find info on it anywhere.

It was a ridicolously beautiful green.

TheKid

Arachnopeon
Eh I would expect that. I like to put WiFi micro cams in my enclosures so I can usually hook up to see what is going on. It's just the hassle of design and construction that takes time.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Isn't the Cyriopagopus classification hotly debated among experts? Last I heard, it's kind of in a gray area between Cyriopagopus and Haplopelma.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Isn't the Cyriopagopus classification hotly debated among experts? Last I heard, it's kind of in a gray area between Cyriopagopus and Haplopelma.
Yes. I still call them Haplopelma. But if going by WSC then it would be Cyriopagopus. I just thought would open the reply with that so not to have to explain full reclassification rejection scenario aha :rofl:

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
And there has been a variant found on border of Cambodia that is known as 'Midnight Blue' sometimes labelled as Cyriopagopus sp. 'Cambodia' or Cyriopagopus sp. 'midnight blue'
Scrap this. I forgot to update. The 'Cambodian Midnight Blue' was found to be a different species. I forgot to update. :banghead:

xenesthis

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Dont listen to @Venom1080, he is just bitter that he doesnt have one.

There are variants of this that are different color than the typical "Cobalt Blue".

C. lividus (Hua Hin District, Thailand) is 'Emerald Green'

C. lividus (Ta Yang, Thailand) is 'Green Femur'

Anymore info since 2017 about this "Cyriopagopus sp. 'midnight blue"? Thanks.