Cyriopagopus chewing it's legs

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I looked into my C. schioedtei's enclosure just now, and he was sitting on top of his cork bark running his front two legs through his fangs, as if he was chewing on them or something. I recall one of my other tarantulas did this years ago, but I have no idea what it means. Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I looked into my C. schioedtei's enclosure just now, and he was sitting on top of his cork bark running his front two legs through his fangs, as if he was chewing on them or something. I recall one of my other tarantulas did this years ago, but I have no idea what it means. Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks.
Just grooming, perfectly normal. My P irminia does every one of its legs after a meal.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
You need to spend more time watching your spiders. Every T I've ever had grooms itself after every time it eats and drinks.

EightLeggedFreaks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That is an awesome picture! My T's are always grooming themselves. Such clean pets to have! Except for the hole bolus thing!

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
They'll also groom when they're bored. ;)
Having clean and functional pads and claws is essential for their survival, as is getting bits of food and bacteria off their mouth parts. They probably can't overdo grooming. They're really clean animals.

PrettyHate

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You are correct! :)
Lead to me to more pictures of him/her :) I am thinking of getting on in my next order (and by getting one I mean sneaking it into my home under the cover of dark to avoid getting in trouble/being judged!)

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Lead to me to more pictures of him/her :) I am thinking of getting on in my next order (and by getting one I mean sneaking it into my home under the cover of dark to avoid getting in trouble/being judged!)
These would be the most recent. >>Clicky<< She has since molted and I need to get some more! :D

Pangalin

Arachnopeon
Only had my b,hamorri a week and just noticed it doing this,but you have all answered my question 🤔 20201130_173759.jpg