• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Cyclosternum fasciatum

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Unsuccessful

My mature female with a loaner male from GQ. Female was nearly twice the size of the male and GQ suspected the male may have actually been Metriopelma zebrata instead of C. fasciatum.

Male was introduced into the females enclosure. Female began drumming immediately and they approached each other. Due to the size difference, he had to really get up under her to breed. I kept a close eye on them and she seemed receptive up to the point of insertion when she went ballistic and flipped him upside down. I was able to separate them, but he lost a leg in the attack.

I gave them a week or two to cool down and he actually made a sperm web. I don't know exactly why since I didn't observe any insertion. I don't know if he made a sperm web while in the care of GQ. This may have been his initial sperm web.

Results from the second attempt were identical to the first except he maintained all of his appendages. Female seemed receptive right up to the point of insertion. On attempt #3, I wasn't able to save him. The female nailed him right through the carapace.

Unless insertion occurred so quickly that I was not able to observe it, I don't think it ever occurred.

However, I have 2 WC females that have made egg sacs and, if successful in producing slings, I'll be sending some to GQ for his trouble.

Botar

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Unsucessful

I loaned my mature male to Atrax. who had a female to try him with.
He put them together, and they didn't seem interested in each other. He left them alone briefly together, and when he came back, the female was eating the male.
He sent the female to me in mid September 2003. She was quite plump, but not eating.
On approx Sept 22nd, she enlarged her burrow, and constructed an eggsac.
I pulled the sac on October 20th, and found eggs, but no sign of embryos.
I manually incubated the eggs, but they started dessicating and every day more would turn black.
I concluded on November 1st that this is a failure.
Either she never mated with the male, or I did something wrong by pulling the eggsac at approx 30 days...

TroyMcClureOG82

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a captive bred female that I raised from a sling. I bred her with a male the I purchased from Anansi. I only got to pair them up once and she at him right after he got an insertion. I saw the insertion, but she ate him so quickly afterwards that I wasn't sure if he got the job done. I'm pretty disorganized so I don't know exactly how long ago this occured, but yesterday I saw her making her sac. This is my first breeding project so I wasn't sure if she was definitely making a sac, but sure enough this morning she had one in her mouth. I'll update in a month when I check on her eggs.

I opened the sac at day 14 to find about 1/3 to be eggs with leggs and the rest still developing. I'll update in a few weeks with a final sling count.

Last edited by a moderator:

MRL

Arachnolord
Old Timer
4/26/06 I received two C. fasciatum, one unsexed the other having already been matured male upon it's arrival. Male was approx 3" LS, unsexed is about 2.5" LS.

4/28/06 I paired them in a not so optimal conditions to show family members without expecting much. Once the male found the female, he twitched every so often but not as much as the female. After about 20 minutes of hardly any moving except for twitching, I observed the male get the female in mating position but did not see any insertions. He was done in seconds and took off immediately.

4/30/06 I saw enough webbing in his home to lead me to believe he made a sperm web so that night I decided to cohab him with the female and he ended up getting munched the following morning.

In the two weekends since, the female has been fed two large crickets.

5/14/06 female made a small burrow completely blocking off all access, in fact only view of her was underneith the deli container.

5/17/06 in the early hours of the morning I caught her laying an egg sac, 19 days after the initial pairing.

Last edited:

Mrs Hall

Arachnopeon
May 2006

Male on loan from Scorpdemon to pair with my female. Both matured/ molted about a month ago. Male made sperm web, but first attempt was a dismal failure.. she wanted nothing to do with him and never even left her hide.

One week later.... put male in females tank. He seemed very in the mood, however, she didnt go past the front of her hide. They touched feet for a few moments before she turned around and presented him with nothing more to look at then her fat rump.

One week later... third attempt is in process now.. male is webbing all over the females tank.. shes hiding as usual.. will update as soon as SOMETHING happens..

well, something happened.. he got some!! Hopefully this means Im going to be a grandmother.. lol... he totally destroyed her web, BUT, I was able to witness insertion

Last edited:

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
First Successful Breeding Session 07-01-2006

Hello.

Here are the details of the Davus faciatum (Costa Rican Tiger Rump) breeding session.

Date Bred:
07-01-2006 @ 11:00 AM

Conditions:
82Degrees F & 68 Ambient Humidity

Species Details:
My Female Adult 3 1/2" freshy molted 1 1/2 month ago
My Male 2 1/2" and matured close to 1 month ago

Pairing
Male had been placed into the females enclosure using the cupping method. She was in on the opposite side of her tank in her hide with her front legs exposed outside the hide.

The male walked about halfway across the tank and stopped. She picked up on his presence as she started drumming her front legs on the substrate.

He started drumming to return the favor. He slowly walk towards her hide and came to rest near her front legs at the entrance. The dumming of the two continued for about 8 minutes at which he tempted her out of her burrow. As soon as she was out he lifted her up and made several insertions and then lowered her down. He then BOOKED across the tank at warp speed!

Once finished, I took the male out and placed him into his enclosure for future attempts.

Breeding:
Successful

Here are some pics for viewing:

******UPDATE***************
07-16-2006 Female had laid an eggsack.

Last edited by a moderator:

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
C. fasciatum

Male on loan from Varden. I bred 2 female C. fasciatum that are still on the small side. They are both about 2.5 - 3". Male did a wonderful job!

Both matings went extremely well. Both females went to the male and started drumming before he ever had a chance to drum.

Female #1 was bred on 7-15-06. She's getting VERY large now. She is still eating and hasn't started webbing yet, though.

Female #2 was bred on 7-30-06. Female #2 laid a sac somewhere around 9-3-06. Sac was found on 9-5-06. I had to tear a little piece of the wall she had built over her hide to see if she had the sac. She replaced what I tore and is now hiding VERY well with her little sac. I plan on taking the sac around 9-30-06.

This is my first egg sac! I'm a little nervous.:D

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Unknown

I have had a male on loan for two months now. Neither seemed interested but this evening he was trying his hardest to get out of his cup so I decided to try again. I left the two alone for 10 minutes. when I returned they were close to clasping. A moment later he llifted her up and appeared to have an insertion. She immediatly went after him and he made it out unharmed. I think he may have penetrated but cannot be sure. I will try again in a few days.

T Frank

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
C fasciatum

This was my first attempt at breeding and it all went great:clap:

T Frank

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
We tried again today and the female didn't want anything to do with the male and he could have cared less. We'll try again next week.

Last edited:

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have had a male on loan for two months now. Neither seemed interested but this evening he was trying his hardest to get out of his cup so I decided to try again. I left the two alone for 10 minutes. when I returned they were close to clasping. A moment later he llifted her up and appeared to have an insertion. She immediatly went after him and he made it out unharmed. I think he may have penetrated but cannot be sure. I will try again in a few days.
Female appears to be making a sac right now.

Yup, she's ona sac. Looks kinda small but she is a fairly small female to begin with.

Last edited:

Trish

Arachnopeon
C.fasciatum - successful

After eating 3 male, my female finally mated and made a sack. She's about 3 times the size of the males I've been introducing her to and I was wondering if I was going to get a successful mating due to her size.

I left the sack with her for 30 days and opened it to find the babies at 1st instar. Probably about 200 babies and it looks like no losses.

This is one of my favorite species so I'm really happy about this one!

Life is wonderful{D

ChameleonC

Arachnopeon
Last year...she

ate two males and made two egg sacs? Making the 2nd one not long after I
pulled the first. I bred again this year with two males....Both got eatten:mad:
I pulled the first egg sac 08/26/07......Will she make a second egg sac? I don't know. I was sure hoping.

P.S. My female is 5 years old....Big Girl......

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Female appears to be making a sac right now.

Yup, she's ona sac. Looks kinda small but she is a fairly small female to begin with.
Pulled the sac last week. Full of little N2's or what ever you wanna call them. They are all darkening up and should be slings by next week. Looks like about 200 or so.

Pestilence

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So Far So Good.

Date Bred: 7/11/08
Placed the Female 5 1/2" and the male 4" (very small male) on an empty enclosure. Male and Female not moving for about 30mins. i gave the male a little nudge towards the female and female became receptive and so was the male. Mating lasted for about 10-15secs. i saw a couple of good insertions then male ran away like mad after the deed was done.

Date of Sac: 8/2/08
Female covered her burrow with substrate. discovered female with a fresh sac.

Notes: Female never ate after mating but still laid a sac. fast sac development. only 21 days.

will give an update after 30 days.

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Angry female Cyclosternum fasciatum

Got a MM is about 7 months old from j.everson23. So to set the mood ive been keeping humidity levels high and have kept all the females very well fed. they seemed most active at about 7pm so Ive been trying to introduce the male to the female in a room with little light as this species seems to put its legs over its eyes when there is light in the room. well so far ive tried to introduce the male two times in the last week.
1-15-09 7pm temp 76 F The first time was to the largest female 4" let MM crawl into females enclosure he felt around for about 20 min. then she started slowly towards him tell she reared then tried to tag him and so I seperated them because the male was trying to hide and she acted very hostile towards the male tried to tag him but I interviened because Ive got a few other females Id like to try him with and if she isnt in the mood no reason to force it. interaction took about 35 min.
1-18-09 11pm temp 72 F its really cold here in UTAH thought id try to introduce him to the same female interaction took about 20 min. this time she caught sent of him rather fast move towards him attacked and pulled him under her. He looked as though he was pushing her up so she couldnt tag him I did not see any insertions but he was under her for about 40 sec then she retreated and he tried to hide so I removed him and looked for damage but could not see where he got tagged so Im thinking she may have missed he wandered around in his own enclosure and seemed fine but ill give an update after work. I dont plan on introducing him to that female again tell Ive tried to pair him with my other females as she seems rather aggressive ;P . will try to pair him again on 1-21-09.

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
1-23-09 6pm temp 75 F misted female well she hasn't ate anything recently but food has been available tried pairing male with smaller female she is only about 3" both started touching after 10 min of that female struck at male and male ran away. They were left together for 40 min. I feel he may just be past his prime I usually would not try to introduce him to females as often as I have been but for the fear of him not living much longer. He does move around but has not eaten a cricket sense i've had him. male spends most of his time in the same corner of his cage and does look loaded but has not been wandering.

1-25-09 8pm-10:20pm so far temp 73 F originally thought male may have been intimidated by larger more aggressive female but noticed he reacted the same with the smaller female so I decided to try him with the large female again. Female and male wandered around her cage for about an hour and a half before they faced and she lifted her legs but did not rear. Female touched males legs for a few min then male ran away. I originally intended on leaving the male in the cage longer this time so the cage was well misted and set near the couch in a dark corner were there is enough light that I can see what is happening(if I need to remove him Im ready) but no direct light. Female seemed much more receptive this time. When I put the male in I took the main patch of moss he had been sitting on and put it in her cage as well. He has spent most of the 2 hours on it and she wanders back and forth from her burrow to his patch of moss. She is much more mobile then normal it appears as though she has been looking for him. the room has been relatively noise and vibration free. right now male is on his watch after running around the cage seveal times and female is in her burrow. think ill remove the male in 40 min if nothing happens.

Lucas339

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Unsucessful

08/25/09

one the third night of introduction, the male ran into the females cork bark hide without doing any courting. she ate him.