Cure for mycosis

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi guys,

One of my 5th instar Mesobuthus Tamulus is suffering from mycois.any one knows of any cure? im kinda worried because its one of the first in the group to arrive in 5th instar, and now its not feeding like the rest and kinds not very pumped up like the rest too..

thanks for the help guys.

regards

canadianscorp

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
there is no cure unfortunately for mycosis. i have heard that uv light can put the condition into remission. maybe try putting a uv light on your scorp at night for a while, and try to help the little guy through this instar. if you do help the scorp through this instar, while controlling the mycosis, the next molt will most likely remove the condition.

cheers, steve

canadianscorp

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
also try to keep the humidity VERY low, this is important in preventing the spreading of the fungas. until you think it is about to molt. then give the enclosure a light mist every few days.

cheers, and good luck....

Australis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just wait for it to molt...tats the only solution i guess...or will it still be lingering around...:?

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
its not spreading and it has been taking food slowly. thanks canadian scorp i jus wana know wats the sitiutaion like.

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think it was Eric who recommended a certain brand of antifungal agent for treating mycosis; you can get it from gardening stores. I'd do a search for it on the forums.