Cupiennius salei bad molt?

Jororo

Arachnopeon
I woke up to one of my Cupiennius salei molting. However it appears to be stuck. Three of it' legs are still in the old "skin" and one of the freed legs is bent the wrong way. Is there anything I can do to help it out? IMG_20190915_083523168.jpg

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Yikes. You may want to take a look at the threads on here about rescuing a tarantula from a bad molt, as true spiders and tarantulas are pretty similar anatomically. Other than that, I don't think there is much you can do. @RTTB, @NYAN, @basin79, @Philth, @Widow lover, is there anything that can be done to save this one?

Hope this helps,

Arthroverts

Jororo

Arachnopeon
I
Yikes. You may want to take a look at the threads on here about rescuing a tarantula from a bad molt, as true spiders and tarantulas are pretty similar anatomically. Other than that, I don't think there is much you can do. @RTTB, @NYAN, @basin79, @Philth, @Widow lover, is there anything that can be done to save this one?

Hope this helps,

Arthroverts
I ended up using a wet Q tip to coax one leg out. The other two popped off while I was doing the first one. I have it set up in a very minimal enclosure right now until it hardens. Only two of it's legs are seemingly normal. All the rest are bent in a weird position. It's not very active right now but it is slightly reactive to stimuli. Though I do wannadon't wanna poke at it so I'm just letting it rest. It doesn't look good at all. It does have both fangs and pedipalps though so if it survives I should be able to feed it

basin79

ArachnoGod
First off you need to make sure you don't leave live food in with spiders. That roach could have very easily eaten the spider whilst it was moulting.

To be honest I don't know 100% but if it was me I'd definitely try and at least take some of the old moult away so the spider can at least move. It's better to do it ASAP as the spider is still soft and so is the moult.

Jororo

Arachnopeon
First off you need to make sure you don't leave live food in with spiders. That roach could have very easily eaten the spider whilst it was moulting.

To be honest I don't know 100% but if it was me I'd definitely try and at least take some of the old moult away so the spider can at least move. It's better to do it ASAP as the spider is still soft and so is the moult.
Yeah I do usually try my best to get uneaten food out. The Cupiennius are just not the most cooperative so sometimes I miss one. I did remove the molt and the spider popped two legs off with it. It's on moist paper towel right now. I've heard conflicting things about that but I didn't wanna move it again to get it back onto substrate. But if it's something I should do then I'll do it

basin79

ArachnoGod
Yeah I do usually try my best to get uneaten food out. The Cupiennius are just not the most cooperative so sometimes I miss one. I did remove the molt and the spider popped two legs off with it. It's on moist paper towel right now. I've heard conflicting things about that but I didn't wanna move it again to get it back onto substrate. But if it's something I should do then I'll do it
I had a spider get a single leg stuck recently. On trying to remove the moult the leg was detached. However a very short time later the same spider moulted again as the leg was removed properly.

If the spider has given the legs they have automatic seals that stop them bleeding out. You'll just have to keep an eye out. I'm not sure whether damp paper towel is better or worse. I left my sand spider in her enclosure.

Jororo

Arachnopeon
I had a spider get a single leg stuck recently. On trying to remove the moult the leg was detached. However a very short time later the same spider moulted again as the leg was removed properly.

If the spider has given the legs they have automatic seals that stop them bleeding out. You'll just have to keep an eye out. I'm not sure whether damp paper towel is better or worse. I left my sand spider in her enclosure.
The paper towel is the same one I had the spider on when I was trying to free the leg so I thought since I already moved it once it's be best not to again.

basin79

ArachnoGod
The paper towel is the same one I had the spider on when I was trying to free the leg so I thought since I already moved it once it's be best not to again.
Hopefully she hardens and will take prekilled crickets or a few prekilled wax worms as they are really juicy and has another moult sooner.