crs diet?

Defalt

Arachnosquire
I'm looking into getting some crystal red shrimp and I just wanted to check, exactly what kinds of plants do they accept? I know that it is pretty common to feed them mulberry leaves, but do they eat things like spinach and dandelions? also, what brand of food would you reccommend for them

JohnR

Arachnopeon
When I used to have CRS and other shrimp spp, I give them blanched leafy vegetables like spinach and lettuce... As for brand foods, I tried a couple but Mosura (expensive) and Azoo (cheap) are the ones I used mostly... Good luck with your venture on shrimp keeping!

Defalt

Arachnosquire
I have actually used Azoo before with good results, but I can't seem to find it anymore. I discovered a local brand which seems promising, but I know of a place which sells Mosura if that doesn't work out.

Last edited:

JohnR

Arachnopeon
I don't recommend using products that enhance breeding... If the shrimps are well taken care off, they will breed like rabbits...

Here's an old pic of mine when I still had them... In there are Fire Reds and OEBTs... CRS was in another tank...