Critters critters critters

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
The local government office sent a pest control company out today to take a survey. Digging and poking around the house, turning over everything and peering into our critters private lives.

We might have an equal amount of dirt as we have termites. They are caving in the eaves of the front porch. Huge cavern dug under east side of house.
Three tarantula holes. (Occupied)
A couple dozen centipede kids got disturbed along with a couple of supervising adults.
Pest control freak out as an O. Hannah zooms out of the shrubs by the front porch. I've seen him frog hunting but was never sure where he hangs out between meals.
150 trillion ants make their presence known in front of the house. A pause to de-Formicidae ourselves.
Two scorps, Lychas Mucronatus resented a log getting turned over.
And of course, we got a few dozen mosquito bites.

They endeavored to explain all the deadly perils besetting us and me pointing at the wifes motorcycle and telling them that it was much worse failed to sink in.
They explained the eaves are caving in and I explained all wood on the house needs to be removed.. and so on.

Then I spent 20 minutes trying to explain I don't want wholesale spraying and love most of our critters. I'd love to be termite free but I'd also like to grow wings and fly around the town which is much more likely, it's naked warfare with the ants and nobody is wholesale spraying here, especially people that smell like a brewery at 10:00 in the morning. Please get stuffed.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
I've told my family that it would be great to live in the tropics because there would be no point in spraying for ants, and somehow they never seem to agree with me...

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
I've told my family that it would be great to live in the tropics because there would be no point in spraying for ants,
Cats: domestic FEW (Formicidae Early Warning) system. When you herd them downstairs as usual first thing in the AM and they stop and queue on the bottom step, giving you the 'No Way, Jose' look.