Cringy tarantula videos

Michael Guirov

Arachnopeon
And I thought "cobalt blue" referd to the colour of their legs?

Had no idea it means your lips turn cobalt blue when your bitten lol...

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
And within 1 minute "So this pretty much shows how docile all tarantulas are, atleast all the ones you can get as pets.":rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

The Seraph

Arachnolord
Either C. Lividus venom has very potent narcoleptic or neural effects and causes a swollen toungue or this lady is on some serious medication o_O
I can not remember, but I do believe that either there was an entire thread dedicated to her or she took up a lot of this thread for a while.

Kron

Arachnosquire
I've gotta be honest, I find this thread about as cringe as the videos, but still great

Last edited:

Vulksgren

Arachnopeon
That was clearly intentional.

Why would you say that? I mean besides that stupid spoiler. If I was the owner of that male I'd be upset though, especially if I raised it from a sling. She was eyeing hard without tapping back and bolty, but ExoticsLair is a bit slow to pick up signs, but so are others (not gonna name anyone lmao).
(Edit) I've never bred before, not do I know that species, so I couldn't tell you if that is normal.

Last edited:

corydalis

Arachnoknight
Why would you say that? I mean besides that stupid spoiler. If I was the owner of that male I'd be upset though, especially if I raised it from a sling. She was eyeing hard without tapping back and bolty, but ExoticsLair is a bit slow to pick up signs, but so are others (not gonna name anyone lmao).
(Edit) I've never bred before, not do I know that species, so I couldn't tell you if that is normal.
I think it’s quite obvious. The male was way too small, he did nothing to avoid this outcome, which was completely predictable. Not to mention he only uses one hand.. for do nothing but waving in front of animals known by their sensitivity to movement and vibrations. He just sacrificed an other MM for entertainment.

Last edited:

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
I think it’s quite obvious. The male was way too small, he did nothing to avoid this outcome, which was completely predictable. Not to mention he only uses one hand.. for do nothing but waving in front of animals kown by their sensitivity to movement and vibrations. He just sacrificed an other MM for entertainment.
Wouldn't say he purposely let the female eat the male. There are a lot of small mature males that pair just fine with larger females, where the size difference is even more ridiculous than the pair in the video.

But yeah, the male wasn't tapping (no idea why "Mr Hand" thought he was when the male was just jolting forward a few steps) and the female wasn't responding in any receptive manner either. And again, he refuses to put down that damn phone for anything, on top of clearly not being prepared to try and intervene if the female went for the male. Not that he would have had time to react even if he did, but it seemed pretty clear to me this wasn't going to have a happy ending, even without the title. A death out of negligence more than anything.

corydalis

Arachnoknight
Wouldn't say he purposely let the female eat the male. There are a lot of small mature males that pair just fine with larger females, where the size difference is even more ridiculous than the pair in the video.
Thats a fair point, although in that case, the risk based on the size difference became more crucial by the circumstances he created (IMO).

ThorsCarapace22

Arachnosquire

Do threat postures mean nothing?! I'll never understand how some people can just do things like this and it's people like me who would trip walking into my spider room and wreck everything I have.

Random guy "watch me hold this tarantula in my mouth"

Me "time to rehou.........where did you go??"

Last edited:

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I don't call what the spider was doing a proper threat posture, really. Yes, she was putting up her front legs in response to having something come after her from the front, but she was not really being that defensive. There was no waving, or slapping, and I doubt that her fangs were extended at that low posture. Goes to show you how reluctant they are to bite you, because that guy was begging to be bitten.
Unfortunately, all I could think of was how many of the almost 70,000 people who watched that video decided to go out and buy a spider of their own to do that with.

ThorsCarapace22

Arachnosquire
I don't call what the spider was doing a proper threat posture, really. Yes, she was putting up her front legs in response to having something come after her from the front, but she was not really being that defensive. There was no waving, or slapping, and I doubt that her fangs were extended at that low posture. Goes to show you how reluctant they are to bite you, because that guy was begging to be bitten.
Unfortunately, all I could think of was how many of the almost 70,000 people who watched that video decided to go out and buy a spider of their own to do that with.
Your right. It's not a solid threat posture. It still surprised me that he didn't get tagged not even once.

Holy....

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
That was clearly intentional.

And this is the guy that is causing an influx of new people in the hobby... I've seen two posters here that came into the hobby because of him. I'm sensing we'll be busy correcting mistaken info for some time. Again. :penguin:

The guy is a douche.

Mikeyspikeyz

Arachnopeon

Well, hopefully they don't get an OBT...