Cringy tarantula videos

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
I went into the comments of this video hoping to find people with common sense telling this idiot how disgusting of a thing this is to do, but nope. Just a bunch of scared girls going "omg im so scared of spiders even little ones" "this is SO SCARY" "this is like my worst fear lol"
Like for god's sake it's AN AVIC. Fluffy little fluffs! With pink shoes! They are the least scary tarantulas out there.
Yeah, those comments and of course just ya know, about not “hot” she is! Gross

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I know that to us this is something shocking but 95% of people don't see anything wrong with this, a lot of people don't even think spiders are animals. Lack of general knowledge is the main problem here. The girl in the video isn't an idiot for doing something like this because great majority doesn't know any better and the general media presents tarantulas in this light.

Just like the gold fish and the small bowl aquarium. It is a terrible practise that is basically an animal abuse but, in almost every movie you will see that as normal thing. Of course that majority won't know any better and consider it a good think, doesn't automatically means that they are idiots.

But imagine if the pet store instead of Avic had some old world, this video would be on the whole different level xD
I'm sorry, but I really don't care about the majority of the world having a bad opinion on spiders. Using a live animal in a prank is wrong no matter what kind of animal it is.

Drea

Arachnosquire
I hesitate to share this because it’s far beyond “cringy”

Well, no need for me to go to the gym today since my target heart rate is up. This is the kind of female that sets all females back 10 steps on multiple levels. She is also the kind of female that creates the saying, “you can be pretty or smart, but not both.” (No, I don’t agree with that saying but it exist because of idiots like her).

Yep, enraged just a bit. Extra rage because females like that are against everything I believe in.

Last edited:

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I know that to us this is something shocking but 95% of people don't see anything wrong with this, a lot of people don't even think spiders are animals. Lack of general knowledge is the main problem here. The girl in the video isn't an idiot for doing something like this because great majority doesn't know any better and the general media presents tarantulas in this light.

Just like the gold fish and the small bowl aquarium. It is a terrible practise that is basically an animal abuse but, in almost every movie you will see that as normal thing. Of course that majority won't know any better and consider it a good think, doesn't automatically means that they are idiots.

But imagine if the pet store instead of Avic had some old world, this video would be on the whole different level xD
I don't know this lady. And I agree she could be a very nice person for all I know. But what she did there is just a dumb thing to do, even if she isn't. I'm very happy she returned it to the pet store. Better than most people in this thread

Drea

Arachnosquire
I don't know this lady. And I agree she could be a very nice person for all I know. But what she did there is just a dumb thing to do, even if she isn't. I'm very happy she returned it to the pet store. Better than most people in this thread
I am happy that it was returned to the pet store and hope someone who cares for the animal buys it instead. However, I do have a problem with pet stores selling animals to just anyone who walks in with cash. I get calls from our local pet stores all the time for bad “merchandise” needing a home. Missing a leg, tail gone, sick and needs care and those animals are written off. All animals are just things to be sold and not a living creature for most pet stores.

There is one in my area that I have seen turn away customers. They inquire about why someone wants an animal, can they meet the basic needs, things like that and if the person isn’t ready yet or should absolutely not have that animal they refuse the sale. The animals care and safety comes first. Chain stores only care about profit.

That girl should never have been sold that animal. They make really good fake spiders that would have served her prank just fine.

Last edited:

cold blood

Staff member
I'm sorry, but I really don't care about the majority of the world having a bad opinion on spiders. Using a live animal in a prank is wrong no matter what kind of animal it is.
It was a similar "purchase for a prank" incident that actually got me into the hobby. I wasnt a fan of spiders and didnt get why one would own one...but as an animal lover, i understood the dangers and unadultetated stupidity involved in such a careless act.

A neighbor bought a rose hair and was showing it off to my brother when i walked in. As i asked why he bought a spider, he responded by telling me he got it to prank his roomate (college kids:confused:). He intended to throw it onto him.:banghead:

I informed him that his prank would likely kill the animal, which could potentially live for several more decades. When he responded that he didnt care because it would be soooo funny, I informed him he wasnt getting the t back....i commandeered the animal and still have that t to this day....that was 20 yrs ago and that t not only eliminated my phobias, but re kindled a childhood interest that led to my current room dedicated to them. And best of all, no animals were killed by a prank that night.

I found it disgusting and completely irresponsible that the life of an animal was held with so little regard, and no respect....i found the above prank video to be just as ill concieved and wrong.

Im amazed at how little some people value the lives of animals....but i guess i shouldnt be..just look at how many dogs are treated....and theyre intelligent and actually love people back.:sorry:
20180725_201923.jpg

Last edited:

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
While I do appreciate those who try and overcome their arachnophobia this just kind of ruins the whole moment. You don’t magically stop being afraid of spiders if you have one crawl on you; it takes time and doesn’t always come right away.

Minty

@londontarantulas
While I do appreciate those who try and overcome their arachnophobia this just kind of ruins the whole moment. You don’t magically stop being afraid of spiders if you have one crawl on you; it takes time and doesn’t always come right away.
Exactly. It might take a little bit of bravery to allow one to crawl on you, but all people will do is spend the whole time worrying they might be bitten.

MoranDisciple

Arachnosquire
Bringing up Latrodectus death statistics? Good! Claiming that Theraphosa Sps. "Spin webs strong enough to catch birds"? Not so good.

asunshinefix

Arachnosquire
Here is my own cringy video! Unboxing of my Homeoemma chilensis a couple years ago. This is one of two times I've ever handled this spider, and she's a lot closer to the substrate than she looks, but it still makes me cringe to watch now. Not to mention my unscrupulous technique with the tongs. Cringe starts around 1:28, the first minute is just my mum and I talking.

MoranDisciple

Arachnosquire
Here is my own cringy video! Unboxing of my Homeoemma chilensis a couple years ago. This is one of two times I've ever handled this spider, and she's a lot closer to the substrate than she looks, but it still makes me cringe to watch now. Not to mention my unscrupulous technique with the tongs. Cringe starts around 1:28, the first minute is just my mum and I talking.

Not that cringy imo. Watching someone handle a tarantula is a hell of a lot more bearable than watching someone react to a tarantula like it's a ball of radioactive waste.