Cringy tarantula videos

Grace Cannell

Arachnosquire
I'm definitely not going to stick my finger in any animals mouth just to see what happens. That's asking for a bite. This guy gets bitten on purpose to document the experience with the venom. It's kind if interesting to see how he reacts to bites, but I tend to feel bad for whatever specimen he is handling. At least it's educational. Sometimes I wonder how educational it is thought because everyone reacts differently to bites and stings. I tend to go back and forth with how I feel about it.
He did take the bite very well, I would squeal like a piglet if it was me haha! I think his intentions are ok, like I said it is nice to see these animals portrayed in a positive light and as something not to fear; considering arachnids get referred to as "NOPE" on the internet. I just feel bad for the Solifugae having a finger pushed in its mandibles. I don't much like the dentist putting his fingers in my mouth so I can't imagine it was pleasant for the Solifugae.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Master the art of potty mouth, one must. One day an HMac climb up your arm, will. Express your feelings then, you must.
The day that happens is the day I curse the planet apart.

This is why I don't peruse YouTube or Facebook that much:eek:
Aside from there being a few good sellers on there and a few friends that don't post such inane shite that I have to unfollow them it's misanthropy fuel, it literally exists to remind me why I prefer arachnids, snakes and all the other various "nopes" of the world to people.

What is your channel?
The Dark Den

It's an effing awesome channel.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I've never heard anyone say A. Avic's can be communal species. Is this a thing or is this part of the idiocy?

I'm going to watch your channel now that I know about it.
Part of the idiocy. No one has ever had a working one, not even those guys overseas that seem to be obsessed with putting spiders together.

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
Another video type I do not like are ones that pits a spider on another just for the heck of it.

Grace Cannell

Arachnosquire
^ That's irresponsible and just plain sad. The only good thing is that it was quick for the mouse and the T didn't get chomped. I do not understand people who get a kick from doing this.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
^ That's irresponsible and just plain sad. The only good thing is that it was quick for the mouse and the T didn't get chomped. I do not understand people who get a kick from doing this.
Only cruel voyeurism.

I love to point out his/her (don't know) crappy set up offered to that P.murinus.

So we can see a huge water dish with inside everything but not water. Kinda 'sand/vermiculite' as substrate. Zero anchor points for triggger the bug web home-decor. Last but not least, 'substrate Scrooge' to the core.

But what matters, for the like of those, is to perform those "shows" rather than offering a proper care, of course.

Mah.

Grace Cannell

Arachnosquire
Only cruel voyeurism.

I love to point out his/her (don't know) crappy set up offered to that P.murinus.

So we can see a huge water dish with inside everything but not water. Kinda 'sand/vermiculite' as substrate. Zero anchor points for triggger the bug web home-decor. Last but not least, 'substrate Scrooge' to the core.

But what matters, for the like of those, is to perform those "shows" rather than offering a proper care, of course.

Mah.
I have only just noticed, I was more focused on the mouse when I made the mistake of watching that video.
I am not surprised the set up is bad, offering a far too large, live animal that is equally capable of killing the T alone just goes to show that the owner has absolutely no concern for their T's welfare.

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
Good, because that's the type of people who are more likely to turn into serial killers.
If you study that topic a little, you'll notice quickly that many serial killers did abuse or even kill animals (usually smaller mammals like cats) as kids or teens and well...

Seems you're an OK-person! :D

Grace Cannell

Arachnosquire
Good, because that's the type of people who are more likely to turn into serial killers.
If you study that topic a little, you'll notice quickly that many serial killers did abuse or even kill animals (usually smaller mammals like cats) as kids or teens and well...

Seems you're an OK-person! :D
I agree, watching and enjoying animal torture is also known as zoosadism. Which is a predisposing characteristic for sociopathic behaviour. I would consider this zoosadism as this is dangerous to the tarantula and plain cruel to the mouse, and also clearly in the name of entertainment. Yeah Tarantulas can take down small mammals because they are opportunistic but it's not something I would feel comfortable trying with a captive one. Too much risk involved. I feel an element of towards my live food that I do use.
Haha thanks! That's the nicest thing anyone has said to me today :p