1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cringy tarantula videos

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Venom1080, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Liquifin

Liquifin Arachnobaron Active Member

Advertisement
    TBH, I don't care if they're a member here or not (no offense). The wave of influence has changed by Youtubers. I wish that someone can make something different, yet something entertaining on T.'s. Maybe someone should make a twist on videos for this hobby instead of unoriginal content that has already been flushed out. Like I previously stated, "i'm not surprised" :meh:. This is why there are over 100+ T. Youtubers with only a small handful being known. Atleast she can keep T.'s properly, so that's a good one on them ;). But I still am tired of copycats and taking other content creator ideas. If you think about it, it's not that hard for original content (especially considering how many of the same kind of videos about T.'s are on Youtuber). Exotics Lair Watering Videos was a huge hit, yet i'm surprised no one thought of it till then.:rolleyes:

2. korlash091

korlash091 Arachnosquire Active Member

MÉXICO
  3. Greasylake

Greasylake Arachnoprince Active Member

Texas
  4. korlash091

MÉXICO
    oops my bad, its a video on a fb group didnt realize it was a closed group.
    I'm going to edit my post.

5. Liquifin

Liquifin Arachnobaron Active Member

IDK, I had to join the group, but nothing happened. So IDK what i'm supposed to be seeing.

6. korlash091

MÉXICO
    they took down the post, thats why you cant see it. that was fast.
    it was a video of a girl member of the group picking up 2 Ts and placing them on her face.

7. dangerforceidle

dangerforceidle Arachnobaron Active Member

SkyeSpider is the correct spelling -- I don't think it will suggest/autofill the name, but if you type it out in full it should still create the tag. Not sure there's value in summoning them to criticism when the spirit of the thread isn't really constructive in nature, however.

8. SonsofArachne

SonsofArachne Arachnobaron Active Member

The problem with making T videos for Youtube is simple - T's don't really do very much. It's not like with dogs, cats, and parrots, all of which are constantly doing entertaining things - T's mostly just sit there. So after you do the inevitable feeding vid, and you want hits, what do you do? Well, if you're more interested in hits than your T's well-being, you start with handling and get more extreme from there. Don't get me wrong, I'm not condoning it, far from it, but I see how trying to do T videos can lead less experienced/scrupulous people down the wrong path. And I think even people who are well intentioned - Tarantula Dan, Exotics Lair, Dark Den - eventually get caught up in this trying to make content for their money-making channels.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. basin79

basin79 Arachnoking Active Member

Indeed. For me there are 5 ways you can make a tarantula video "exciting" naturally.

1) New tarantula. No unboxing with 1 hand though. Just unbox your new pet and then record them.

2) Rehousing. The same really.

3) A moult.

4) Feeding. The most popular for obvious reasons.

5) Breeding

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
  10. Michael Guirov

Michael Guirov Arachnopeon

Belfast
    Makeing the enclosures is pretty nice to watch aswell, those vids are among my favorite to watch if its creative or well built.

Probably my favorite part of the hobby aswell, building nice boxes with carefully planned functionality incorporated into asthetic design.

I guess its a shame some channels jump to the less approved or "easy" vids but your probably right that its tough to constantly come up with new content

• Like Like x 1
  11. basin79

The kicker is there's no reason to constantly come up with new content besides ego. Sad considering it's their pets.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. SonsofArachne

SonsofArachne Arachnobaron Active Member

Or in hopes of getting popular enough to get ad money

• Like Like x 1
  13. basin79

Sadly even the popular channels peddle out click bate titles. Deadly this and deadly that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. dord

dord Arachnopeon

I don't even bother clicking on T videos where bold text and emojis cover thumbnail :yuck:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. BoyFromLA

BoyFromLA ‎٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و Arachnosupporter

CA
  16. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX ArachnoGod Active Member

Homer deserves a mention of honor :yawn:

• Like Like x 2
  17. StormyMyth729

StormyMyth729 Arachnopeon Active Member

Dude...your videos are fantastic!!! Very educational and informative. Keep doing what you do! <3

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Derivative

Derivative Arachnopeon

This idiot. Check out his response to the comments also.

and these idiots...

19. dragonfire1577

dragonfire1577 Arachnolord Active Member

20. NYAN

NYAN Arachnoprince Active Member

CA