Cringy tarantula videos

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Ok well your rite on the dry substrate for that specific species. However instead of bashing the guy behind his back why dont you try to help him out. Make this a positive situation instead of talking crap and spreading negativity.
I've, as well as some of the others on this thread, have messaged him/commented on his videos/etc. There are others that have posted on his YouTube, but he doesn't seem to rate/respond to those comments like he does the other ones. You can only do so much if they choose to ignore what people say.

Luka98

Arachnosquire
Ok well your rite on the dry substrate for that specific species. However instead of bashing the guy behind his back why dont you try to help him out. Make this a positive situation instead of talking crap and spreading negativity.
You are aware that the guy is a youtuber right? He's not really a phone call away from any of us, nonsense post :rofl:

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
You are aware that the guy is a youtuber right? He's not really a phone call away from any of us, nonsense post :rofl:
He actually responds/up-votes a lot of his posts on YouTube. If more people were to comment on the videos involving the tarantulas I'm sure he'll respond to them sooner than later. Just doesn't help much that there are only a few of us who have commented on them.

Luka98

Arachnosquire
He actually responds/up-votes a lot of his posts on YouTube. If more people were to comment on the videos involving the tarantulas I'm sure he'll respond to them sooner than later. Just doesn't help much that there are only a few of us who have commented on them.
I've never seen him reply to critical comments

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
If it was just one or two things I would fully agree with you. But he just keeps on going downhill. He is letting them walk on his face for crying out loud, and doing so while his face is at least a meter away from the floor. If that B.hamorii falls, it will go splat.

basin79

ArachnoGod
If it was just one or two things I would fully agree with you. But he just keeps on going downhill. He is letting them walk on his face for crying out loud, and doing so while his face is at least a meter away from the floor. If that B.hamorii falls, it will go splat.
If that would happen he'd post a video saying how sorry he was etcetera and his fan boys would all say it wasn't his fault and he really cares about the animals he as.

The bloke is a weapon. His fans are weapons.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
God, all that man cares about is himself and listening to the sound of his own voice. And I have a lot of four letter words springing to mind at the state of that poor B. hamorii's enclosure that has basically 0 substrate. So sad that this guy has such a big following.

Katiekooleyes

Arachnosquire
Being a famous youtuber does NOT equal quality care or being a professional or even good at what you do. He was already perpetuating bad care and information regarding snakes, and now he's getting into Theraphosidae as well, doing exactly the same.

Many of these youtubers start getting animals they know NOTHING about because their fanbase goes like 'hey Brian it would be so ultimz kewl if you would dare to keep dis or dat animal lolz like if you agree'. And of course said youtuber will get that animal and mistreats it the same as his other animals. Taylor Nicole Dean is another prime example of this.

So yes. He does harm. A lot. And when things go wrong with a boy who gets a cobra because Brian made it supercool, Brian will just say, 'hey man, I am not responsible for this, I put up a notice in my vids saying don't do this at home'.
Arrgg! I cannot stand Taylor Nichole Dean! I stumbled across her channel a while back when checking out vids for snakes. I'll be the first to put my hand up and say I've made a mistake (not major ones!) or two in my time with animals (as many of us have likely done). However, that woman takes the cake! There's been so many times where she's given "tips" etc, and half of it's completely inaccurate. Sure, each person has their own way of caring for their animals, and of course, there will be disagreements here and there. Taylor though, is on a completely different level. She houses many of her animals in cramped conditions (she even deleted a vid about a monitor lizard, or tegu lizard because of the backlash of her husbandry). She's one of those people who seems to collect animals, not to care for them and enjoy their quirks etc, but as commodities.

As for Brian, I admire his enthusiasm. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being enthusiastic about something you enjoy. I cannot take that away from him. However, you are right in that he doesn't seem to display correct care or any respect for his animals. This is probably why so many of his vids are along the lines of "MeGa SnAkE bItE! eScApEd WiTh My LiFe!"

Luka98

Arachnosquire
God, all that man cares about is himself and listening to the sound of his own voice. And I have a lot of four letter words springing to mind at the state of that poor B. hamorii's enclosure that has basically 0 substrate. So sad that this guy has such a big following.
What's even sadder is he got most of the following from being bitten by snakes on purpose

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
You know what the worst movie is though? Those old black and white horror films from the 50s and 60s where there were no animal rights anti cruelty laws and tarantulas would be thrown or squished. :(

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
You know what the worst movie is though? Those old black and white horror films from the 50s and 60s where there were no animal rights anti cruelty laws and tarantulas would be thrown or squished. :(
Thank the goddess Pamphobeteus insignis that I don't watch movies made before 1980, usually, otherwise this would frustrate me to no end.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Just the title of this video is cringy. Lots of Dark Den dislike here lately but this just makes me roll my eyes. You're supposed to be a semi-educational channel on Ts but sure let's reference that with your title, lol.