Cringy tarantula videos

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
I'm 100% serious. This guy focuses more on his videos than his animals. Horrible.
gotta be honest some of his feeding videos do freak me out a bit, still enjoy his content otherwise and think he is a good keeper :embarrassed:
I wonder if he will visit this thread- he posted on ig he was making a cringy t videos reaction video

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
gotta be honest some of his feeding videos do freak me out a bit, still enjoy his content otherwise and think he is a good keeper :embarrassed:
I wonder if he will visit this thread- he posted on ig he was making a cringy t videos reaction video
He left a subfusca in a deli container for three days so he could make a video rehousing it into a fairly crappy temp cage.

Likes his videos more than his animals.

No offense, but I've noticed that his fan base mainly consists of not so experienced keepers.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
He left a subfusca in a deli container for three days so he could make a video rehousing it into a fairly crappy temp cage.

No offense, but I've noticed that his fan base mainly consists of not so experienced keepers.
I think Tom Moran is the most informative YouTuber out there, love watching his videos.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince

I'm quite a fan of Dark Den due to what he has done to change people's perception of these animals ever since his channel went up big time. However, I must say, he is quite the impulse buyer. You can see that with his recent "Is this too many animals?" video, where he got a large number of new pets, and didn't really know how to look after a good many of them.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
I'm quite a fan of Dark Den due to what he has done to change people's perception of these animals ever since his channel went up big time. However, I must say, he is quite the impulse buyer. You can see that with his recent "Is this too many animals?" video, where he got a large number of new pets, and didn't really know how to look after a good many of them.
Tarantula Dan is the worst for this and it's abhorrent.
He went to a convention bought a bunch of animals his subscribers wanted him get.
He got a centipede and admitted he isn't keen on them but got it because his subscribers wanted him to get one.
Really triggers me.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Yeah, they aren't really setting a good example. After all, they chose to represent the hobby, so they should do it properly.

boina

Lady of the mites
Oh come on, stop bitching about The Dark Den. Nobody is perfect, but he does a lot of good stuff, too, and he promotes generally good husbandry in an entertaining way - that's important because otherwise people wouldn't watch. He doesn't deserve to be in this thread because there are quite a few things that are much worse. Example: Keeping a subfusca in a deli cup for 3 days? Not really good, ok, but nothing compared to keeping any spider in a wrong setup for all her life, which is something we see quite often. Buying too many animals? Well how many is too many and who gets to decide that? You?

You all are making mountains out of mole hills here.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Oh, don't get me wrong. Dark Den is amazing in my opinion. Most of my criticism wasn't really directed to him. Besides, the comment sections on his videos are filled with people saying how he's helped them to get over their fears. He's not only done a great job for the hobby, but for people's perceptions of these animals in general.

Last edited:

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
Buying too many animals? Well how many is too many and who gets to decide that? You?
I would say buying animals just because your subscribers wanted you to get one is very irresponsible. Admitting you're not keen on a certain animal and then getting one to appease an audience isn't okay in my opinion.

boina

Lady of the mites
I would say buying animals just because your subscribers wanted you to get one is very irresponsible. Admitting you're not keen on a certain animal and then getting one to appease an audience isn't okay in my opinion.
As long as he takes care of them in an adequate way in the end - and I trust him to do that - then I don't care why he gets an animal in the first place.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Besides, he seems pretty open to advice. He's certainly a great representative of the invert hobby, and the principal inspiration behind my decision to start a YT channel.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I think Tom Moran is the most informative YouTuber out there, love watching his videos.
I agree. Don't think I've ever seen something I didn't like on one of his vids.

@Staehilomyces yeah I saw that one. Kinda fell of the bad wagon around there.

@boina better than most. But not good. Just another one of "those" YouTubers imo.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Oh come on, stop bitching about The Dark Den. Nobody is perfect, but he does a lot of good stuff, too, and he promotes generally good husbandry in an entertaining way - that's important because otherwise people wouldn't watch. He doesn't deserve to be in this thread because there are quite a few things that are much worse. Example: Keeping a subfusca in a deli cup for 3 days? Not really good, ok, but nothing compared to keeping any spider in a wrong setup for all her life, which is something we see quite often. Buying too many animals? Well how many is too many and who gets to decide that? You?

You all are making mountains out of mole hills here.
I agree with you, Cora. Petko doesn't deserve at all to be here among reckless, handlers, whatever. I like his DIY attitude. Being completely honest, I'd love to point out that, sometimes, he taken some unnecessary risks (of escapes etc) NOT due to his skill/lack of experience etc but due to this "filming" rapture that, since I'm old school as .... I will never understand :p e.g my hands (and eyes) needs to be 'focused' on what I'm doing when I transfer/unpack etc (no matter if the T's are pet rocks, so a camera in hand is a no way)

ekmonks

Arachnopeon
That's me! :D Who stole my video lmao
Whoops I had a feeling that the video wouldn't stay around for long so I downloaded it! After seeing Petko's request for cringe videos I immediately thought of your video because of the hilarity but couldn't find the original. It's unlisted and unmonetized and is purely up for the purposes of archival and education. I'll be sure to credit you now and update the description!

@petkokc If you do use the obt bite clip please understand the context of it! I don't want Shampain88 to get portrayed too negatively!
@Shampain88 If this ends up slandering you in any way I take all fault for not getting the full context on the video before sharing my complete apologies!

Last edited:

Shampain88

Arachnosquire
Whoops I had a feeling that the video wouldn't stay around for long so I downloaded it! After seeing Petko's request for cringe videos I immediately thought of your video because of the hilarity but couldn't find the original. It's unlisted and unmonetized and is purely up for the purposes of archival and education. I'll be sure to credit you now and update the description!

@petkokc If you do use the obt bite clip please understand the context of it! I don't want Shampain88 to get portrayed too negatively!
@Shampain88 If this ends up slandering you in any way I take all fault for not getting the full context on the video before sharing my complete apologies!
I'm actually glad someone has it lol as I can't get to it, smashed phone screen and my YT account got three strikes :( No worries do what you want with it my friend :) @Arachnopets Hi Debby could you please include this video to the original thread so it's not redundant, thanks in advance :)

Last edited: