crickets

reptilian

Arachnopeon
I keep crickets in a small plastic box what do i do to stop other insects from breeding?

Perocore

Arachnoknight
Depends on what other insects you are talking about. Also, the bets way I can see to keep anything from breeding is simply to separate the males and females so that they can't breed. *Snort* Too bad it's not possible to neuter insects ;P

Perocore

Arachnoknight
Yeah...I don't think slugs count as insects XD I think they're...gastropods? Something like that. But not insects. As for keeping slugs from breeding...well I've heard salt works wonders! Haha, no, I don't know much about slugs, and I've certainly never heard of slugs over populating! Still, the best thing to do would probably be to separate males from females...though I don't know enough about slugs or snails to know if it's possible to tell the gender. Scratch that, apparently all slugs start out as boys and switch over to females? So I suppose you'll either have to deal with it, or separate each and every slug into a container.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
If slugs are in your container, then you must be using soil from outside or the gaps in the lid are wide enough for them to breach. Bake the soil before you use it/get rid of the lid gaps. Ouila! No more slugs.