"cricket quincher" fine for millies?

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
cricket quinchers are like a gelly watter subsitut for water. i used to have a dish of water in my millie tank, but i but hissers in it and 2 dround in the watter. so i replaced the watter with the gell sub.
i havent noticed them diping ther heads into it like thay did with the watter. so my questions are will the millies get watter from the gell?? or should i add water back in and use rocks in the dish to keep my hissers from drownding?? allso will the hissers even drink from it??
allso im sure i have seen all thes vitinam packed cricket food?? some of its gell stuff allso.. wil millies eat that? and allso i wanted to use a hi protien food for my hissers, but wasnt sure what to use since most of its a oat mill kinda thing. and will milldue in the humidity..

Barbedwirecat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, I know its not good/reccomeded for T's I would just assume the same for Milli's and Centi's. BTW I havw fourna really good waterer for all species. Cut the bottom off of a powerade bottle, its got a raised center so the critters won't drown. I ised this for a chick waterer (button quail chicks) and found out it works for everything else :)

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Spider-Man v2.0 said:
cricket quinchers are like a gelly watter subsitut for water. i used to have a dish of water in my millie tank, but i but hissers in it and 2 dround in the watter. so i replaced the watter with the gell sub.
i havent noticed them diping ther heads into it like thay did with the watter. so my questions are will the millies get watter from the gell??
i don't know, but it will take them weeks or months to dessicate (assuming you're talking AGB's) so you have some headroom

Spider-Man v2.0 said:
or should i add water back in and use rocks in the dish to keep my hissers from drownding??
what was your waterdish? i only had maybe 6 hissers drown out of hundreds

Spider-Man v2.0 said:
allso will the hissers even drink from it??
yes, this is my primary way of hydrating them. hmm, well food might be primary but this would be quite close

Spider-Man v2.0 said:
allso im sure i have seen all thes vitinam packed cricket food?? some of its gell stuff allso.. wil millies eat that?
i believe ihave seen several species nibble on fluker's orange cricket cube, including AGB

Spider-Man v2.0 said:
and allso i wanted to use a hi protien food for my hissers, but wasnt sure what to use since most of its a oat mill kinda thing. and will milldue in the humidity..
use less food at a serving. i use catfood and it only molds up if i leave it in the cage for days. also, how humid are you keeping things? both AGB's and hissers do fine in a moderately dry environment

also, i think the reason why it is contraindicated for taras is cuz they are carnivore obligates and have no like, programming to eat a non-animal for hydration. mills and roaches are more omnivorous detritivores (barring species with rarefied tastes, of course) and can more easily like, figure out how to hydrate via these gels

Last edited:

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i think it would be fun to get some crix and only feed them purple cabage and see what happens in a few generations :)

Twilight

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Crickets eating purple cabage

Test #1 ................nothing
Test #2 ................nothing
Test #3000..............not a darn thing :wall:

End result
New Species:

A cricket species that looks similar to Shrek
Or....
Cacoseraph Jrs :p

Teenage mutant ninja chirps...power in the half wing...chirping power!

Sorry I just finish eating, so I'm feeling extra crazy.

Last edited: