Cricket bit on leg, and survives?

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
Ok so my Gbb, first T, sling when I tried to feed him today, he grabbed the crickets leg. You could see both fangs in the leg, and after about 3 minutes the cricket broke off his leg and ran away. The T lost interest when I tried to reintroduce the cricket, he just kept the leg. So I put the cricket in a keeper, fully believing the thing would die to the venom... but its alive?? How? Does anyone know?

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
Also was the leg just a fine meal? He ate a full cricket 3days before

Tearsacid

Arachnopeon
Very interesting that the venom didn't make it to the crickets body. Crickets and grasshoppers can release legs as a defense mechanism so he must have released the injured leg before any real damage was done.

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
It's just weird since it looked like the leg was attached and the spider was holding the cricket for a good while before he escaped

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You are both assuming venom was injected, a poor assumption, but not unreasonable.

ArachnoHazard

Arachnopeon
You are both assuming venom was injected, a poor assumption, but not unreasonable.
Yeah, there’s a good chance the bite was a dry one with no venom. Not every bite a spider of any sort gives is loaded with venom. It’s possible the T for whatever reason decided to dry bite the cricket and that’s how it was able to get away.