1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crested Gecko advice, please?

Discussion in 'Not So Spineless Wonders' started by boina, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Jurdon

Jurdon Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    My girl, Beau, is about a year old. She hatched October 5th, 2017, and I got her in December of the same year from Pangea Reptile. I’ve fed her Pangea’s CGD as a main diet, supplemeted with insects 1-3 times a week. I wouldn’t call her an active gecko, at least not super keen to be watched closely, but she’s out in the open all the time. Some keepers provide theirs with a basking spot, though apparently it’s not necessary. I don’t have one for mine currently, but plan to implement one when I eventually overhaul her enclosure and make it fully bioactive (hoping to get that done this winter). They’re absolutely wonderful little geckos full of personality, and I could go on for ages about all their little quirks, behaviors and likewise.

• Like Like x 1
  2. StampFan

StampFan Arachnoknight Active Member

Calgary
    When you get time feel free! Would love to get more info about these guys. I'll assume yours will become pretty handleable at maturity. Young nocturnal geckos are notorious for being jumpy and not trustworthy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jurdon

Jurdon Arachnosquire

I don’t know if maturity’s a huge factor, Beau’s already laying eggs! She just likes to give me a “test-bite”, if I may steal a term from the centipede hobby. This thread actually encouraged me to get her out for a little tonight, seems her gravid moodiness is over.

• Like Like x 1