Creatures on a c perezmilesi

arachnid.abdomen

Arachnopeon
Last night i found my c perezmilesi in a slight death curl. Obviously this was disappointing to find but i left her overnight just to make sure it wasnt just a strange starting molt. As much as id hoped, it wasnt. I checked on the 2cm sling this morning and found her not only unmoved..but with a few little bugs on and around the body. Ive never had anything like this before and wanted to know if these were the cause. If its any help..one of the chelicerae was significantly lighter than the other, almost white even. Ive had the sling for about a year now and had no problems. However ive froze 2/3 of the.. Whatever they are..maybe mites?) so i can have a closer look under a microscope once i know they wont run off.
Any help at all would be appreciated

IMG_20170909_090757.JPG IMG_20170909_090659.JPGIMG_20170909_090733.JPG

Apologies for the less than great pictures. There was no way to get any better with my phone.. The sling is around 2cm and the creatures are white, quite thick and seem to walk/run instead of a slug-like movement

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Thats not good. They enclosure is way too moist and mites are now feasting.

Remove your T immediately and place on dry tissue paper in a clean tub/enclosure. Do not provide any moisture. Check on T after 24hrs and the mites should be gone. Then regouse into a new dry enclosure with plenty ventilation. Put in fresh water dish and place specimen over it.

I really hope it is not too late

arachnid.abdomen

Arachnopeon
Just to add. The enclosure is usually kept one side dry, the other being a bit damper
Theres plenty of ventilation in it and i keep the enclosure size similar as i would with any other tarantula. Shes always been a great eater and webber

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Are you sure there is enough ventilation? There is condensation on the sides and the webbing looks rubbery. A sign that things are too wet.

Mites also thrive in damp conditions.

arachnid.abdomen

Arachnopeon
Are you sure there is enough ventilation? There is condensation on the sides and the webbing looks rubbery. A sign that things are too wet.

Mites also thrive in damp conditions.
Well i thought there was but maybe i was wrong.. Get too caught up in the thought that theyre doing fine and then make a mistake..i do feel awful for the T. Just need to make sure i never make the same mistake again. I think with this one it tended to stay more to the damper side than dryer so stupidly i didnt leave as much (or enough) of it dry

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
There is still hope if the specimen is still moving. Try the process I mentioned above.

Best of luck

arachnid.abdomen

Arachnopeon
There is still hope if the specimen is still moving. Try the process I mentioned above.

Best of luck
Unfortunately not. There was no movement at all last night and none today but thanks for the quick response.
Where exactly do the mites actually come from?

spotropaicsav

Arachnobaron
Unfortunately not. There was no movement at all last night and none today but thanks for the quick response.
Where exactly do the mites actually come from?
Sorry for your loss, sometimes these things happen, you've had the sling for a year? I commend you for trying to learn from this for your own knowledge as a keeper, and to prevent future issues

arachnid.abdomen

Arachnopeon
Sorry for your loss, sometimes these things happen, you've had the sling for a year? I commend you for trying to learn from this for your own knowledge as a keeper, and to prevent future issues
Well that one imparticular for a year. I got my first 3 about 2-3 years ago