Created gecko

Villegas23

Arachnosquire
I just cleared up a 10 gallon tank and was thinking of buying a created gecko due to the fact that i heard they do not require a heating or light source! And that saves me money and gives me a little friend! So my question is where would i buy one other then petco or petsmart? Anyone know any good dealers?

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Correlophus ciliatus = crested gecko

@Villegas23 Not sure about the best breeders for them, but I second the opinion that they are great pets. Easy to care for, low maintenance, and eat both live feeders and pre-mixed baby food type formula, which makes them ideal reptiles for those who want one but are squeamish about feeder insects.

athlete96

Arachnosquire
Where are you located? Depending on your location I may be able to give you a few breeders.

Also, a 10 gallon will only work for an infant crested gecko. The minimum enclosure size is a 20 gallon long that is put on its side - so that it is taller than it is wide. They require room temperatures, but a maintained 60-80% humidity (you'll need to spray the enclosure twice a day).

Very curious little geckos, and quite good about handling (this depends on the individual, but they're overall very tolerant).

Villegas23

Arachnosquire
I live in Corpus Christi Texas i was thinking of getting the 18x12x12 enclosure when he/she is an adult!

athlete96

Arachnosquire
Damn, if you weren't that far south I'd have some recommendations.

I'd recommend minimum 24" in height. They're reclusive during the day, but they really do take advantage of larger enclosures at night.

All the luck to you in finding your new friend :cat: