Craigslist tarantula question HELP

cold blood

Staff member
Hahaha. Guess it dempends on what's locally available and how long you want to wait for them. Every time i see them locally people expect retail prices... Got some good priced hissers once though. :)
There are 200 counts available in our classifieds for under $20

heapest way to start a colony is to just buy a few adult feeders from a pet store and just let the females live.
Stores around here only sell mature male dubia.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Still better than my two N. chromatus males. From the sounds of it, they consistently freeze up and one almost ended up as food.
I had not one but TWO MM A. ezendami *RUN* from my tapping, incredibly receptive female. Cooome on guys, get it together!!

There are 200 counts available in our classifieds for under $20

Stores around here only sell mature male dubia.
200 count dubia on CL here is sooo not that cheap!

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Stores around here only sell mature male dubia
Then it sounds like the stores by you are a lot smarter than stores by me. I don't even think the main place I go to knows the difference. I have a small colony of hissers thanks to them too

I had not one but TWO MM A. ezendami *RUN* from my tapping, incredibly receptive female. Cooome on guys, get it together!!
I gave one guy both MMs, and his female was very eager with the first attempt, but the first male he tried ran, and ever since then the males just freeze up. Perhaps we both just got some broken males. Lol

dustinv91

Arachnopeon
My Dubia colony plan failed I bought like a 1000 medium like 5 months ago I have yet to see a male