Craigslist purchase (need ID on 2nd one)

checkmate

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Purchased 2 T's for $100 through Craigslist. The original ad was for a G. pulchra ($70) but then he added the second one for $30. Both included the small kritter keepers they lived in.

Here's the G. pulchra. She's about 4.5" (haven't measured myself yet). He purchased her at an expo about 8 years ago. She was in a small kritter keeper on wood chips. I promptly moved her into a larger enclosure on coco fiber and added a water dish and a cork bark hide.
20170416_121819.png

Here's the second one. He doesn't know the species but all he remembers is it was labeled "California purple" (purchased at the same expo as the G. pulchra about 8 years ago). I looked up "California purple" but didn't find anything.

I browsed online for a bit and found "California ebony" aka Aphonopelma eutylenum. Can anyone confirm from this photo? I temporarily rehoused her into the G. pulchra's original kritter keeper until I get a larger enclosure tomorrow. The G. pulchra's kritter keeper was the cleaner of the two so I washed it and rehoused this one onto coco fiber (she was on wood chips also). I added a cork bark hide and a water dish.
20170416_123313.png
I'll try to get better pics tomorrow. I wanted to get better shots but got called into work for the afternoon and probably evening. I only had 1 extra enclosure ready and only planned on purchasing the G. pulchra but after seeing this one on wood chips in a cramped enclosure, I ended up just getting both. $100 for the two is a great deal.

Thank in advance.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
The other one is probably Grammostola anthracina (ex. mollicola)

It has had a few funny common names. It has purple hue on carapace and femurs when it molts and has redish setae on ventral side(more prominant in males).

That isnt A. eutylenum

Last edited:

checkmate

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
California purple :rofl:
Lol, just enjoy it and don't breed it.
No plans on breeding, just keeping. More for my knowledge than anything.
The other one is probably Grammostola anthracina (ex. mollicola)
It has had a few funny common names. It has purple hue on carapace and femurs when it molts and has redish setae on ventral side(more prominant in males).
That isnt A. eutylenum
Thanks!