Costa Rican Zebra Molted Finally

Chuck Z

Arachnopeon
A. Seemani finally molted early Monday morning and my wife and I were beside ourselves! As a new Tarantula keeper I interrupted his premolt twice because I was a complete ignorant idiot not understanding my little buddy. Luckily, despite my efforts he was able to seclude himself from me and eventually get down to business. He is absolutely more handsome than ever. Because of his feats of exceptional strength while excavating, which I have on video, I have named him Hercules! I have had him since February but had to wait until this molt to sex it. I absolutely fell in love with these creatures and think they are the most interesting to observe. I am currently caring for a Green Bottle Blue Spiderling, she is my special girl. She is about an inch in length and her name is Jade and Gloria, my Mexican Red Knee.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
Careful, naming your tarantulas triggers a few miserable people on here.
Congrats though.

Chuck Z

Arachnopeon
Careful, naming your tarantulas triggers a few miserable people on here.
Congrats though.
I really don’t care. I have respect for these creatures and I care for them. I absolutely read constantly on all of them and try to educate myself on them. I’m learning their behaviors as individuals and they absolutely do have their own personalities of sorts. Beyond that, if someone can name their guitar or car, why not my spider?

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Congratulations on the molt!! By your use of masculine pronouns, did you sex the molt as male?

I don't know who said something negative about naming them (I have a few people ignored on here for their constant negativity)... But lemme tell ya, I have over 100 spiders and the majority have names! The ones that don't are just because the right name hasn't come along yet. So, do what makes YOU happy (as long as it isn't harming your pets, of course) :)

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I love reading posts like this - the overwhelming sense of awe that people have when they have their first experiences. Yes, it is a miraculous event - all too often taken for granted by people who have a few moults under their belts - and it never ceases to amaze me. I am glad everything is going well.
Wait a few days before feeding Hercules (I name all mine as well) and make sure that he has fresh water available. Welcome to the forum!

Chuck Z

Arachnopeon
I love reading posts like this - the overwhelming sense of awe that people have when they have their first experiences. Yes, it is a miraculous event - all too often taken for granted by people who have a few moults under their belts - and it never ceases to amaze me. I am glad everything is going well.
Wait a few days before feeding Hercules (I name all mine as well) and make sure that he has fresh water available. Welcome to the forum!
Thank you. I am waiting patiently. In the meantime I just keep peeking in on him to catch a glimpse. He is a very private guy! Lol. I will be giving him a very deserved meal very soon as he has not ate in a month. Geez! I’ll take pictures and post as soon as he graces me with his presence.

Chuck Z

Arachnopeon
Congratulations on the molt!! By your use of masculine pronouns, did you sex the molt as male?

I don't know who said something negative about naming them (I have a few people ignored on here for their constant negativity)... But lemme tell ya, I have over 100 spiders and the majority have names! The ones that don't are just because the right name hasn't come along yet. So, do what makes YOU happy (as long as it isn't harming your pets, of course) :)
I did sex the molt as male. I was hoping it was female but it was not. So I have a very handsome spider instead!