Costa Rica '06

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
sweet caiman pics! We only saw juveniles when we were in peru and even that was incredible. I would have loved to have seen a larger speciman, but I guess it would have been harder to get into the boat. ;)

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Incredible pictures, Tom!:drool:

Glad you had such an awesome trip. And welcome home safe and sound.

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I feel like I am repeating myself in every thread of this section... the pictures are stunning and thanks for sharing...

I just love that section... makes us all dream of being wherever you guys are!

Martin

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Have you run across any eyelash vipers yet?
Unfortunatly the only Eyelash I saw was in a zoo.:wall: Thats one of the things on my wish list to see though.

A guy selling coconuts on the side of the road had this beetle, Megasoma sp. Not the same as finding in the wild, but still an impresive bug.

Attachments

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Philth said:
Unfortunatly the only Eyelash I saw was in a zoo.:wall:
That was unfortunate ... though it is pretty strong incentive to go back. We saw a few when we were there.

Cheers,
Dave

Attachments

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Dave that first picture is awesome! Thanks for sharing and making me jealous.:cool: -Tom

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Monteverde

I wont go to Costa Rica with out going here. This is one of my favorite locations. The cool air here felt great after sweating in the humidity of Tortuguero. This spider seemed to be everywhere, and they were pretty big. 4-5"

Attachments

mackids

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Great pictures!!! thanks for sharing! I love what appears to be the ogre faced spider (sorry I forgot the scientific name). I think I have to go to costa rica next time my uncle goes fishing down there!

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
S. hoffmanni I swear theres one in there;) After a half hour of trying to tease it out I gave up. I choose not to dig up its burrow just for a pic.

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Simply amazing! :clap:

How many times have you been?

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Amazing Philth. Thanks for sharing. Now I'm working up plans to go there next year. :) What is the best time of year to see inverts and reptiles out there?

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Tom,

I'm leaning towards C.margaritatus on your second scorp there, but that comes with the same disclaimer of trying to ID from pictures.

Cheers,
Dave