Corn snake lost.... What size hole ????

craze horse

Arachnosquire
Right my 12 year old corn snake whim is a healthy happy thick 6ft has the run or slide if my 1 bedroom apartment. Yes. The whole run. At first he was adventurous but now favours his vivarium or below the tv unit. Anyways a few days ago (5) he went missing for the first time. My flat is quite secure all apart from a hole under my fitted bedroom units which is 15mm across at its widest point. He's never shown interest in it before and I'm pretty sure he couldn't get through it but then what do I know. Is there a rough gauge on what they can get through?
For the record he has free roamed my flat happily for well over 1.5 years and never had any hiding before. He's not in the oven back or the freezer where it's warm. I don't know why he's gone we haven't had any cross words.

basin79

ArachnoGod
A 6ft corn can't squeeze through a 15mm hole. However a snake will find holes you probably didn't even know about.

Check behind the fridge/freezer as that will be warm.

craze horse

Arachnosquire
There is a gnarly yellow rat snake at the local reptile shop who keeps sending me thoughts to adopt him. Very clever! He's been in there about 10 months and not been sold as I guess he looks a little boring. Very active though and clearly has a future with me. If When I get home and search high and low Elvis isn't there the yellow peril will be mine. I'm going to try and dismantle my fitted cupboard with out damaging it to see if he is indeed under itcant really see it as the hole is so small. Watch this space.....