cork!

jcornish86

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Alright so i think i need to start baking my bark off, any one have some input on temps this should be done at and for how long? i dont know if its like food but i was thinking 165 degrees F for 5-10 min? Let me know thanks!:D

Tugbay Yagci

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
there is lots of info on this one if you search the forum.

if you want to sterilize it by doing this, I say it is pretty useless. It will get contaminated as soon as it leaves the oven. No matter what temperature you use for sterilizing.

if you want to dry it up, your norms are sufficient. you might want to increase the duration a little bit just to make sure.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i throw my bark and moss in the microwave for about 1.5-2mins,not much can survive a few mins in the microwave....seems to work perfect....it wont completely dry stuff out.....i keep a rubbermade bin in the house to dry my bark and sticks

Agent Jones

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I wash with hot-as-I-can-get-it water and then throw in the oven at 350 for 10 to 15. No fires yet, but washing first is kind of key to that, haha.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
always do....never had a prob....just a tiny drop of mild dish soap

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
When I pull bark from outside to use with my Ts, I wash it first with vinegar water. I don't know if that really does anything but I do it. I rinse it well and then put it in the oven at 300-325 for about an hour. It isn't sterilized per se but it kills the macros and a lot of the micros as well.

jcornish86

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
there is lots of info on this one if you search the forum.

if you want to sterilize it by doing this, I say it is pretty useless. It will get contaminated as soon as it leaves the oven. No matter what temperature you use for sterilizing.

if you want to dry it up, your norms are sufficient. you might want to increase the duration a little bit just to make sure.
I disagree , it will kill alot of bacteria

Anyways thanks for posting some tips i appricate the helpfull feedback! :worship: