Corect Size Enclosure for G. Iheringi?

Raptor

Arachnopeon
Hi Everyone,

I have a 4" Iheringi and right now, she's in a 10-1/2" x 14-3/4" x 5-3/4" h Acrylic from the Container Store (3" of Reptile Plantation Soil & Vermiculite, cork burrow, and 2" deep ceramic water dish).

Was wondering what size enclosure would be best for her permanent home? I like the Acrylic look, and was considering ordering from Jamie's Tarantulas, but I'm not sure on the best size. I hear these guys can get pretty big. Additionally, I'd like to move her sooner than later, so I don't have to do an extra rehouse. Thoughts on if I can move her when I get the new container?? I always get a little nervous when I rehouse, so would love to skip if I could :)
Please let me know if she should stay in the current enclosure for another molt or two, or if at this size, I can freely rehouse to whichever permanent enclosure you guys advise.

Thanks in advance.

PS I Spelled 'Correct' incorrectly... how ironic :)

Raquel

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This is a large species. Females can reach 8" DLS. I have a similar sized species in a ExoTerra Breeder Box Large. She can stay in there for a bit. I THINK.

I cannot tell what your dimensions are, you didn't specify, so can't help.

Raptor

Arachnopeon
This is a large species. Females can reach 8" DLS. I have a similar sized species in a ExoTerra Breeder Box Large. She can stay in there for a bit. I THINK.

I cannot tell what your dimensions are, you didn't specify, so can't help.

Hi! Thanks for your reply! Which dimensions? I have her in a a 10-1/2" x 14-3/4" x 5-3/4" h Acrylic from the Container Store now, but wanted recommendations on a permanent home so I only have to do one transfer. She's about 4" now.

I was thinking a 10 Gallon with a custom plexi glass lid, a lot of substrate to account for the height issue, but wasn't sure if you (or anyone) had a better idea?

Thanks! :)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yes - dimensions, as in length and width, you were not specific enough.