Cool containers(enclosures) at target

fangsalot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Saw these today at target.i there crystal clear.just thought yall like them
they stalk kind of nicely.

Theist 17

Arachnosquire
They do stack rather nicely, but that particular kind of container requires a seal in order to keep the lids on. Also, there are places where smaller spiders could climb into the lid itself, risking their tiny little lives should you try to open the container. I thought about one of these for one of my spiders once, but decided against it. Too many risks for my taste.

MB623

Arachnoknight
Thanks for sharing, I love how these stack and I have to get some larger containers for my t's sometime anyway. I'll have to check out Target sometime. I've found quite a few cool items at Michael's, check out the plexi glass display cases or the bead organizers which are located wherever the lady who works there says. That is of course if you have a Michaels located around you.

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
They do stack rather nicely, but that particular kind of container requires a seal in order to keep the lids on. Also, there are places where smaller spiders could climb into the lid itself, risking their tiny little lives should you try to open the container. I thought about one of these for one of my spiders once, but decided against it. Too many risks for my taste.
I certainly wouldn't use them to house spiderlings, but they look appropriate for juvenile and adults spiders. What is the seal you're referring to that's needed to keep them closed?

Edit: I definitely wouldn't pay $16 for a plastic container like that though. That's crazy.

Tarac

Arachnolord
Edit: I definitely wouldn't pay $16 for a plastic container like that though. That's crazy.
THat's my issue with them too. Too expensive, you can make a comparably sized sweet one with latches and everything for about $20 out of acrylic from a window shop. Initial is a little more because you have to buy the solvent and hinges and latches in bulk but after that first one you can make lots for almost nothing. I have never been able to find anything more efficient than this method other than those little prefab clear boxes for slings and such. But for juvie+ I always build because you get exactly what you want and you avoid paying almost as much, if not more, for a container you have to modify anyway (and which may not ultimately work or be safe in the long run).

Entomancer

Arachnobaron
I saw these yesterday.

They look nice and that's about it. Way too expensive.

They also aren't made from soft plastic, which is easier to melt holes into, and it seemed like I'd have to mangle them just to get the lids off.