1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convince me

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by BoyFromLA, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Rob1985

Rob1985 This user has no status. Old Timer

Advertisement
    IDK why you're asking anyone to try and convince you. You like what you like, and don't like what you don't like. Who cares. Carry on.

2. boina

boina Lady of the mites Arachnosupporter

Germany
    Well, yes. And you can get all of that minus this weird horn thing in a C. meridionalis...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnoreaper Arachnosupporter

Nope, horned tarantulas don't do it for me at all (the only Ceratogyrus I like the look of is meridionalis) and I can count the amount of Pokies I like/want to keep on one hand.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Vanisher

Vanisher Arachnoprince Old Timer

Thats the way things are! Everyone likes diffrent. Some like Surströmming, others dont!:angelic:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Minty

Minty @londontarantulas Arachnosupporter

London
    JUST LOOK AT THEM!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. theDHill

theDHill Arachnopeon

I recently took my first step into OWs with a Ceratogyrus darlingi. At first I was like "yeah, what's so special" Then I actually looked at it a little closer and was blown away by the color contrasts and patterns. Not to mention mine seems to have a VERY tolerant demeanor, it is actually more mellow that both of my A. chalcodes adults. I really am glad that I acquired this T!

Also, has anyone read the any of the recent articles published about Ceratogyrus attonitifer ... this things is crazy looking!

As far as pokies go, I do not have any yet so I can not speak from experience, but I can say "C'mon man" they are absolutely gorgeous and you know it! The sheer range of colors and the amazing abdominal markings and banding is phenominal, sure beauty may be in the eye of the beholder but like seriously, these spider seem to have levels, depths, contrasts, and pallets that I haven't seen on many other Ts. I'm personally really hoping to try picking up a P. metallica or a P. rufilata this month up at the Hamburg reptile show in Hamburg PA.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Stormsky

Stormsky Arachnopeon

You better leave a metallica for me! That's what I'm going there for.:smuggrin:

8. theDHill

theDHill Arachnopeon

We can either rock paper scissors or battle royal fight to the death... either way it'll be a good time. JK I'm really trying to expand my collection in the means of either pairs or sub adult females, so I am not looking to clear them out by any means. If you see a guy wearing a shirt that says "I only care about leeches and maybe like 3 people", that would be me. Have fun up there and happy hunting

9. Stormsky

Stormsky Arachnopeon

Oh, I'm looking for a sling so we're not really competing anyways. I'll keep an eye out for you while I'm there. Good luck finding what you're looking for. They usually only have a few metallicas past the sling stage.

10. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

and?....but that's not what the op asked about now, is it?

11. Minty

Minty @londontarantulas Arachnosupporter

London
    @Venom1080 of all the people I thought would disagree with that statement, you weren’t one of them hahaha.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Venom1080

Venom1080 Arachnoemperor Active Member

I have fat fingers and I use ab on my phone lol my mistake.

13. basin79

basin79 Arachnoemperor Active Member

Don't want an absolutely stunning tarantula? Then Poecilotheria aren't for you.

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Bigme213

Bigme213 Arachnosquire

Nuff said

15. MetalMan2004

MetalMan2004 Arachnolord

Texas
    @Venom1080 do you not like my opinion or did your finger slip to the dislike?

I maintain Poecs are the coolest looking tarantulas out there.

16. Venom1080

Venom1080 Arachnoemperor Active Member

See above. :hilarious:

@Minty did it again

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Dry Desert

Dry Desert Arachnobaron

UK
    As a long time scorpion NUT the only T,s I have ever kept and really enjoyed are Pokies including Subfusa but still maintain Regalis is the prettiest.

• Like Like x 1
  18. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnoreaper Arachnosupporter

Tbf, ornata are one of the only ones that interest me (others being subfusca/metallica/rufilata), the rest of the genus I can take or leave.

19. basin79

basin79 Arachnoemperor Active Member

I think they're all bonny. My other 2, subfusca (mentioned) and tigrinawesseli are stunners too.

20. sasker

sasker Arachnodemon Active Member

Apart from all the other positive aspects of the genus, the horns that some spp. of Ceratogyrus have are just amazing. I mean, there are not so many genera that have tarantulas with such weird characteristics out there. It just continues to amaze me. What are they for? No idea!

No, they molt just fine.

20180715_154733.jpg 20180715_160638.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1