Constant vibrations and its effect on scorps.

Siseris

Arachnopeon
Hey there all,

I am just wondering what the effect of constant and regular vibrations (E.G. living next to a train track or a construction site) over a long period of time would do to a scorp?

I imagine in the short term stress levels would increase due to that constant disturbance but in the medium and long term would the scorp become accustomed to these vibrations and be able to molt and such?

I am half asking out of curiosity and half due to my current circumstances.

Thanks.

FatherOfScorpions

Arachnoknight
Overtime, the scorpion would probably stop interpreting the vibrations as a source of "danger". However, the scorpion may not be able to hunt properly and is going to be severely inhibited when it comes to navigation. All the sensitive little signals it uses to go about its regular life become pretty disrupted.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
I believe the excess vibrations would almost desensitize them of these constant vibration disturbances

ive had my scorp room located on the opposite side of the same wall as my washer + dryer (which gets used alot )
Mine seem to be just fine at sensing food still and most have been this way for 4+ years now

Siseris

Arachnopeon
I believe the excess vibrations would almost desensitize them of these constant vibration disturbances

ive had my scorp room located on the opposite side of the same wall as my washer + dryer (which gets used alot )
Mine seem to be just fine at sensing food still and most have been this way for 4+ years now
Thanks for the reply. Did you notice any issues with the molting during this time?

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
No issues at all
feeding sensory and response all normal , thousands of molts with only a few deaths from bad molts which was about the same amount when they werent on that wall or anywhere near the same amount of vibrations.
Scorpions are 1 of the most resilient creatures out there so not much surprises me with them