Concrete's Pic Thread

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Really wonderful images Mirza! :D Like Chad said +1

I'm really getting addicted to this stacking stuff, it's fun to have a new challenge and way of taking photos!

Can't imagine how you got your versicolor to sit still so long for you though! LOL

concrete

Arachnosquire
Really wonderful images Mirza! :D Like Chad said +1

I'm really getting addicted to this stacking stuff, it's fun to have a new challenge and way of taking photos!

Can't imagine how you got your versicolor to sit still so long for you though! LOL
Thanks guys :) This GBB actually gave me a bit of a hard time. He ruined a few shots by deciding to move in the middle of a stack. :D Guess I've been lucky otherwise because the rest of my spiders have all been really cooperative during photo shoots.

BTW Chad any way for me to edit the above regalis post? I tweaked a few shots and replaced the old ones and now they're not showing up :(

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Mirza, good to see you back!! :biggrin:

These latest shots are spectacular!! Wonderful poses, and what in the world did you do to get such rich tones?? Nice! :D

concrete

Arachnosquire
Thanks Michael good to see you too! Hope things are going well. I've been around just haven't been doing much for photography. But I had to get a few shots of this trapdoor as I'll probably never see him again once he settles in :biggrin: I didn't do anything out of the ordinary really. Just followed my standard work flow and your teachings. :coffee:

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Great to see you taking pics again Mirza, these are excellent!

:biggrin:

concrete

Arachnosquire
Thanks Michael this is the first time I've tried using two speedlights instead of one. It helped bring out more color in the shots :)

concrete

Arachnosquire
Thanks :) Beautiful girl but hard to catch that purple sheen on camera.

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks :) Beautiful girl but hard to catch that purple sheen on camera.
Yeah it is! Takes a good bit of trial and error with different lighting and viewing angles.
I generally prefer lighting from overhead, slanted to one side or the other or even slightly back-lit. But the purples seem to come out best when the lighting angle more nearly matches the viewing angle in my experience.

Last edited: