Concerned for my P. Regalis

Mychajlo

Arachnosquire
So my girl Madison is about 4-roughly 5 inches and she last molted December 4th 2018 and she has MAYBE eaten twice since then that I’ve seen, I don’t know if she’s hunting the crickets that hide in there at night or what but everytime I try to feed her she doesn’t want it, and it’s kknda concerning cause she’s one of my good eaters, and advice or thoughts?

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
She might be hunting during the night when you can't see it, just drop in the cricket in and wait for a bit. If she doesn't take it in 24hrs then take the cricket out.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Is her abdomen plump or skinny?

Mychajlo

Arachnosquire
She might be hunting during the night when you can't see it, just drop in the cricket in and wait for a bit. If she doesn't take it in 24hrs then take the cricket out.
Is her abdomen plump or skinny?
@Bob Lee Well the way her enclosure is set up the crickets can get behind the bark on the back wall but every time I look behind her enclosure to see if there back there I don’t see any so like you said she might just be eating at night when the crickets are walking around
@Teal her abdomen isn’t skinny but I’ve seen it a lot plumper on a normal basis when she eats normally, this is her recently but right now it’s a LITTLE bit smaller than the picture
B084B9B6-279E-4DA2-A888-70E90A77D990.jpeg

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I wouldn't be very concerned then. My P. met was reallllly skinny post-molt and took almost 3 weeks to even eat again. Arboreals, especially as they get larger, can be finnicky like that.