complementary heater .

zxneon

Arachnosquire
I have wood stove heating in my house . but with that i cant rise temperature in single room without rising it in other places . what complementary heater i can use in my specific room where my animals are ? Just to rise temperature to needed levels by couple degrees .
What type of heater can work best in situation , oil heater or hot air blower ?

Walker253

Arachnobaron
I use an oil filled radiator. I find the fan heater dries the air out too much

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
I bought a fan heater to warm my T room on cold nights, is this something that is strongly not recommended?
It's not that it's not recommended, it won't -hurt- your Ts but it will make the air dry and cause the substrate and water dishes to dry up quicker. If you can buy something different, great. If not, running a humidifier could help combat it. But filling them up constantly can get to be a pain in the rear.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
It's not that it's not recommended, it won't -hurt- your Ts but it will make the air dry and cause the substrate and water dishes to dry up quicker. If you can buy something different, great. If not, running a humidifier could help combat it. But filling them up constantly can get to be a pain in the rear.
I can buy something different straight away, but that's £20 wasted basically....
I wouldn't mind refilling dishes up etc, I will ask my mother if she has a more suitable heater she can swap with me :banghead:

RemyZee

Arachnosquire
I use a small, one room infrared heater with a programmable thermostat. Just watch for dryness in your enclosures and you should be fine :) Btw, you can get those heaters on Amazon.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Thanks, although I ended up trading heaters and got this one
Those work well, though if you have to run it constantly (we do, because we don't have central heating), it runs up your electric bill.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
Those work well, though if you have to run it constantly (we do, because we don't have central heating), it runs up your electric bill.
The UK doesn't really have harsh winters so I doubt I'll have to keep it running all the time. But I also don't have central heating either.

hamhock 74

Arachnobaron
Just make sure it has an auto shut off feature in case it accidentally gets tipped over; most space heaters should have this built in now, but it never hurts to check.