Comparison of venom toxicity

Vinny2915

Arachnosquire
Hello all, I have recently heard a rumor that generally speaking parabuthus are not nearly as dangerous as Andeoctonus, Tityus, leiurus etc. Is this rumor true? (Obviously there are outliers but I am asking based on an average across the board)

NYAN

Arachnoking
When you talk about danger, you need to take into account the locations where they are found and how often they come into contact with humans. If androctonus lives very close to humans in remote villages away from medical attention, that’s going to increase the danger factor.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
In general no, Parabuthus isn't as dangerous as those other genera (though most Tityus tend not to be lethal), but it's still a genus worth a lot of respect. Deaths have still been documented with them if I remember correctly, so they're certainly still dangerous. And as NYAN said, when looking at it from a danger perspective you have to take into account how far away from proper medical care people are. Tityus stigmurus has caused plenty of deaths, but since it likes living near lots of people it tends to be found in cities, where it's easier to get to a hospital for care.

Vinny2915

Arachnosquire
By dangerous, I meant venomous. Sorry for the confusion. I understand any scorpion needs respect but I am asking in terms of curiosity not necessarily keeping since I already keep hots.

NYAN

Arachnoking
By dangerous, I meant venomous. Sorry for the confusion. I understand any scorpion needs respect but I am asking in terms of curiosity not necessarily keeping since I already keep hots.
I beleive the LD50 value of leiurus quinquestriatus is the highest. I know certain androctonus species are up there also. I don’t know the details for parabuthus though. To sum it up though, a sting from any of these has the potential to cause medically significant symptoms, pain and possibly death.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Hello all, I have recently heard a rumor that generally speaking parabuthus are not nearly as dangerous as Andeoctonus, Tityus, leiurus etc. Is this rumor true? (Obviously there are outliers but I am asking based on an average across the board)
Personally I put the whole 'venom potency' issue in a simple (and I know, annoying) way: everything that has the chances to kill you needs to be considered dangerous, even if said chances % of fatalities are lower than other specie/genus etc