Communal New World Ts?

ThatJaneLady

Arachnopeon
Hello, I am doing some research on setting up a communal tank. I know there are some OWs that have reported success but I am concerned, worse case scenario, a T would escape and bite one of my furry pets and the venom of an OW T causing serious damage. Are there any new world Ts possible for a communal?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
the only communal i would even consider would be a Monocentropus balfouri communal. they seem to have the most success rate.

mistertim

Arachnobaron
Yeah, I've heard N. incei can be kept communally but not as easily as M. balfouri...but you specified NW obviously. What do you currently keep?

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I've not kept N.incei communally myself but I've heard of some people who have with good luck. When I got my 7 spiderlings I considered doing a communal but I didn't. They are all house separate atm.

My M.balfouri communals are pretty easy to keep but they are OW Ts.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
N.incei are not advised for a communal here. There was a thread about in in a Dutch group some time ago. All seasoned breeders confirmed it was a bad idea.

My two cents ;)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
N.incei are not advised for a communal here. There was a thread about in in a Dutch group some time ago. All seasoned breeders confirmed it was a bad idea.

My two cents ;)
I'm pretty certain they have been observed living communally in the wild, but captivity brings about other behavior/s at times.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I'm pretty certain they have been observed living communally in the wild, but captivity brings about other behavior/s at times.
But were they hunting/feeding together like M.balfouri, or merely cohabiting in a tree?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
But were they hunting/feeding together like M.balfouri, or merely cohabiting in a tree?
It was a static picture, not a video unfortunately.

I don't feed or hunt with my roommate, that's still communal living.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I can't find the photo right now but there was a huge webbed field/bush area with a lot of them in there. It looked like a large web blanket full of them.

I don't know if they fed together of care for young as good as the M.balfouri but they can live closely in the same area in the wild.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I can't find the photo right now but there was a huge webbed field/bush area with a lot of them in there. It looked like a large web blanket full of them.

I don't know if they fed together of care for young as good as the M.balfouri but they can live closely in the same area in the wild.
Photo of incei in communal, I wonder if you saw the same one recycled on the internet. The one I saw was years ago, and is no longer available from the source site.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I see. In that case, @viper69 theory is the reason maybe for not being able to keep them communally in captivity. I only lnow the basics about the species, i just passed on what I've read.