Common Spider - Need ID

Voracious

Arachnopeon
Here's my new spidey, eating the dinner I caught and provided. I saw these guys as little spiderlings under the deck a couple weeks back, and now we're encountering them frequently - which is fine because flies get thick around here. I thought I'd catch one and keep it. It's probably something common.

Can anyone out there venture an ID? This is in western Wash. State.

Voracious

Arachnopeon
This little guy ate that fly yesterday - he sucked on it probably most of the night! - and is now about 30-40% larger! The abdomen has darkened, too. The fly offered today was refused. How often do these fellows eat?

I added some plastic flowers to the jar, but this spider has not begun to spin a web. I wonder if it's a Hobo...

WithCerberus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hrmm. It sort of looks like a Thomisid crab spider. The length of the first pair of legs kinda makes me lean that way. Can you get any more pics of the bugger?

bobby

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If I had to venture a guess, I'd say a crab spider of some sort (Thomisidae or Philodromidae). In "Spiders and their Kin" by Levi and Levi the illustrations of the genus Xysticus and Coriarachne appear to be possibilities.

Wade

Edit: Ach! WithCerebus beat me to it!

Voracious

Arachnopeon
Thanks everyone, for the input. I should be able to bring up more info on this fellow now :)

Wade: Thanks for the book reference: Levi, "Spiders and their Kin". Will have to check it out.