Common Pink Toe subastrate needs

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It will work. Being arboreal they don't need much. However I use coco-fiber primarily because it's much easier to spot clean than what you have.

Also, I find screen tops not good as Avic can get their tarsal claws hooked on them, and end up hanging, as my Avic did.

Also your T needs more hiding places, more plants. They like to feel secure, often hiding behind plastic plants, cork etc. Your tank is too bare IMO. I've raised a lot of different Avics.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
It will work. Being arboreal they don't need much. However I use coco-fiber primarily because it's much easier to spot clean than what you have.

Also, I find screen tops not good as Avic can get their tarsal claws hooked on them, and end up hanging, as my Avic did.

Also your T needs more hiding places, more plants. They like to feel secure, often hiding behind plastic plants, cork etc. Your tank is too bare IMO. I've raised a lot of different Avics.
This!

And also, please take out whatever there is in your water dish! I assume it's a sponge and that will only serve as a breeding place for bacteria, nothing else. :depressed:

Bluedotinspace

Arachnopeon
Thank you for your replies! Im very worried about killing here or not providing everything she needs.I did do some research before buying her but should of come here and talked to people who acually have avics.Today im gonna go get coco fiber,fake plants and some cork and stuff the crap out of her cage so she can web it up.but if the cage is too bare as it is and I put all that in there,where will she molt??

boina

Lady of the mites
The plants and stuff your tarantula needs to hide in need to be in the upper areas of the terra. The ground can be bare, the only touch it to drink and hunt, but the upper half of the enclosure is where they want to live and they need hiding spots there.

Bluedotinspace

Arachnopeon
Ok,so hot gluing fake plants at the top? And leaving a corner empty so she can go to the ground to hunt and drink? Also you mentionned the ground should be bare,the hollow tree trunk in the picture is where she hides right now,should i tip it on its side before she webs it?

Attachments