Common name star what is the sci. name

XxAWoLxX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey i went to one of the petshops today to get my A. metalica and they have a T that they call a "star" it has the same marking's as my P. murinus but he/she is gray it seems to be pretty docile but i would like to research it before i buy so if anybody could give me any info i would appreciate it thanks

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Its hard to say...possibly A.seemani....

Regards, Mike :rolleyes:

XxAWoLxX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Mike H. said:
Its hard to say...possibly A.seemani....

Regards, Mike :rolleyes:

no, it's got what looks like a smilly face on the opisthosoma like on the p. murinus..?

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's probably the yellow-gray form of P. murinus. The common name is Mombassa Golden Starburst. The "Star" probably came from "Starburst." I'd say you'd care for it basically the same as you'd care for an Usambara. Just do a quick search and you'll find all you ever needed or wanted to know about Usambaras.

-Kelly

Scorpiove

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Heh someone else I know mentioned the face on the Usambara I have lol. I never noticed it till they said.

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
XxAWoLxX said:
hey i went to one of the petshops today to get my A. metalica and they have a T that they call a "star" it has the same marking's as my P. murinus but he/she is gray it seems to be pretty docile but i would like to research it before i buy so if anybody could give me any info i would appreciate it thanks
maybe "star" is the pet name they have on it

G_Wright

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
All I can think of is P murinus normal colour form

P lugardi

and Heteroscodra maculata also known as the Togo starburst

RazorRipley

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The only thing remotely common enough to be found in a typical pet store and be called a "star" (from what Ive seen) is the Togo Starburst, or African Ornamental, Heteroscodra maculata... Neat species, oftern very nervous, aggressive and fast, though I have seen docile slow ones that dont mine being held.