Colloidal Silver

Solucki

Arachnoknight
Anyone else know about colloidal silver? It's known to prevent mold and bacteria while also being very mild and noncaustic like other antibacterials/disinfectants. It hasnt been approved By fda or any other agencies but its used but the WHO(World Health Organization) to clean drinking water in third world countries. I've been using it for my Ts to keep it humid while preventing mold. It seems to work very well with no apparent effects on my Ts. It's safe to drink. Only side effects reported is bluish coloring of skin in humans with prolonged heavy consumption.

Last edited:

dsdishon

Arachnopeon
Hey Solucki! I work at a health food store, and have been raised with the natural alternatives all my life. Colloidal silver is 100% safe. People actually put this in their eyes, ears, and even drink it for immune response. As far as people turning blue this is a rare thing and only happens if the silver is not broke down properly. I would personally use it for the water when making a batch of eco earth. Misting I would imagine would be fine. What is the PPM number? This also has a lot to do with it. As long as your misting with it and not using it for watering you should be fine. Its is also used as a mold preventative and treatment so that is why I recommend making a batch of eco earth with it, and then misting with filtered water. But PPM is kind of important.

Solucki

Arachnoknight
It's 5 ppm. The stuff works great. I used it on my cat. She had an eye infection. I sprayed it in her eyes and it cleared up the next day.

Solucki

Arachnoknight
You guys should really give this stuff a try. Especially on your high humidity slings and other Ts. I swear by it and so do many others. It's relatively cheap but I have friend who makes it.