Coconana's Collection

Coconana

Arachnosquire
0.1.0 Psalmopoeus Irminia AKA: 'Odo'sha' ... Look who I caught molting --again! For some reason, I seem to have really good luck with walking in on Odo'sha getting new armor. This is the second time that I've photographed it (will post some of those below, below), though that one was in September of last year.

We've had this girl since she was barely bigger than our thumb; I can't wait to show my partner these after he gets home from work :D

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
Beautiful pictures! I saw Caboose and thought "Fluffy! The alien that only loves!"

Coconana

Arachnosquire
:rofl:
Beautiful pictures! I saw Caboose and thought "Fluffy! The alien that only loves!"
Thank you so much!! And yes, no tears --only dreams now :rofl:

That looks so bizarre - how they've moulted. No web or anything, just right out in the open on their cork bark shelf.
Weirdo. ;)
The first time I caught Odo'sha molting was a few days after I moved her into her new home (she has a tendency to molt seemingly out of the blue), so she didn't have much of a chance to reorganize everything to her liking. Thankfully, this time she decided to molt at the very top of her cage for whatever reason!

Made for some great shots, but now she needs another rehouse!! That'll be fun :happy:

Coconana

Arachnosquire
1.0.0 Hapalopus Sp. "Colombia Large" AKA: 'Fernando' ... He's found a lady!! I'm going to be dropping him off with his new owner in an hour or so, but I wish the little guy good luck. Bye bye, Fernando!

0.0.1 Brachypelma Smithi ... Annnnd, here's the new addition! I just got this 5" Smithi for $50 from a local guy who had it in an aquarium with humidity gauges, no hide, a sponge in the water dish, and a cage that looks like it hasn't been cleaned in a while. She's currently in a new home with a full (sponge-less) waterdish, and she'll be getting some dubia roaches later tonight.

Great find in any case; I'd be alright if 'she' hooked out later in life :happy:

Coconana

Arachnosquire
0.1.0 Psalmopoeus Irminia AKA: 'Odo'sha' ... Got a few shots of her stalking a cricket that I forgot to post! Man, this was fantastic to watch in person.

0.0.1 Nhandu Chromatus AKA: 'Tig' ... I took pretty much all of the photographs below either yesterday or today. This one made me laugh. Tiny spider, big attitude!

0.0.1 Poecilotheria Metallica AKA: 'David Copperfield' ... I was so suprised I managed to get a shot of this little guy! S/he's so quick.

0.1.0 Ceratogyrus Darlingi AKA: 'Spatula' ... Yep, she FINALLY got a name :rofl:

Yes, my three year old niece named her. Why do you ask?

0.0.1 Brachypelma Sp. "Hobby Vagans" AKA: 'Sin' ... I'm just in love with these red setae :happy:

0.1.0 Poecilotheria Tigrinawesseli AKA: 'Melini' ... The portrait shot below was difficult to get! I finally plucked up the courage to gently crank open the glass door just enough to get my giant, clunky Canon in there while she was eating. The lens was only an inch or so away from her, but, like always, she simply continued on with her business. She makes a pretty fantastic model!

0.1.0 Euathlus Sp. "Blue Femur" AKA: 'Raggedy Ann' ... Guess who molted unexpectedly! I happened to look over on Tuesday morning while I was feeding the rats, and I nearly started giggling out of joy when I saw that Ann had flipped over. She'll always be a bit 'Raggedy', but at least I know she's a she now!

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
0.1.0 Euathlus Sp. "Blue Femur" AKA: 'Raggedy Ann' ... Guess who molted unexpectedly! I happened to look over on Tuesday morning while I was feeding the rats, and I nearly started giggling out of joy when I saw that Ann had flipped over. She'll always be a bit 'Raggedy', but at least I know she's a she now!

Beauty. My gal is very old and scruffy. But she is still super quick. Is yours rapid too?

Coconana

Arachnosquire
Beauty. My gal is very old and scruffy. But she is still super quick. Is yours rapid too?
My girl was incredibly slow when I first got her! Unshakable. Didn't seem to care about a single thing...

Theeeen, she molted! And now she freaks out if you even look at her cage. Rapid's a word for it! :rofl:

Coconana

Arachnosquire
0.0.1 Cyriocosmus Bertae ... Had a really rough birthday this year.. My fiancé totaled his Jaguar. That car was his baby, and we sat together on the sidewalk and I hugged him and did my best to console him as they dragged what was left of it onto a trailer and hauled it away. Better the car than him, but it kind of topped off the awful month that was March. BUT!! There was light at the end of the tunnel. This sling was my birthday present, and between her appearance on our T shelf and my fiancé's wellbeing, I couldn't have asked for better (or more relieving!) gifts.

1.0.0 Poecilotheria Regalis AKA: 'Kevin' ... I don't think I posted this on the forum before, but Kevin finally matured, AND we found a lady for him! We've tried to pair them a few times before, as she recently got a fresh coat of armor, but progress is slow. Kevin's utterly infatuated with his lady, but Karen wants nothing to do with him.

0.1.0 Poecilotheria Regalis AKA: 'Karen' ... Going to adjust the temperatures and fatten her up until she's ready to blow. These pairing attempts are loads of fun.. Two teleporting pokies in a tiny bathroom? What could go wrong, right? :shifty: