Cockroach Housing

SolFeliz

Arachnosquire
I have six Mad. Hissing Cockroaches and I need a proper terrarium. What are the best dimensions for a terrarium, bearing in mind I'd like it to be relatively large and tall since I'll be adding more soon. What also are the best websites to go on? I buy most inverts on Spider Shop, but the houses are quite small there. Anything is helpful. If you have other creatures with good sized house tell me the websites as well as I'll use anything. Thanks in advance.

SolFeliz

Arachnosquire
For people who can't read white font:
[QUOTE="SolFeliz, post: 2676883, member: 119715"]I have six Mad. Hissing Cockroaches and I need a proper terrarium. What are the best dimensions for a terrarium, bearing in mind I'd like it to be relatively large and tall since I'll be adding more soon. What also are the best websites to go on? I buy most inverts on Spider Shop, but the houses are quite small there. Anything is helpful. If you have other creatures with good sized house tell me the websites as well as I'll use anything. Thanks in advance.
[/QUOTE]

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
I would suggest going to a local Walmart and buying a clear storage container. They are big, have decent visibility, and are very cheap. Then, if you have anything to put hiles into it (drill, soldering iron, etc.), you could have a great enclosure for them. If you want something with more visibility, it will cost extra ;) I like getting 10 gal aquariums and buying the screen lid. Put some petroleum jelly around the top and you have a practically escape proof hisser display. They can be found at almost all pet stores. Here are some pics of mine, just as an example :D They are all different roaches, but one size fits most:

Attachments