Cobalt Help Needed

Frostbyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ive had my Cobalt for 8 months or better. I never get to see her since she digs deep. She must have molted in the last few months . She comes out alot lately , the problem I have is that she is really large . Im guessin well over 3" but her butt is tiny. Ive tried to feed her large grubs and crickets. She eats the crickets but doesnt want anything to with the worms . I toss the prey in her tunnel but cant see what she eats. I have no idea if shes stressing and kills the prey or eats it. The other weird thing is that since this molt she has little blue in her color. Is there a way to fatten her up asap ( please dont say mice ... ) ? I wanna save her at any cost .. even if I must do what I detest. Thanks for any help !!! :confused:

usumbaraboy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
from what iv read i think they get to about 4' or more or something but if they start losing blue then i think its a male :( srry to say but if it ever gets on the wall or if you look at the molt try and sex him or her but if it starts losing blue apparently then its a male

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You can try giving it a thawed mouse..if it does not get eaten within 8 to 10 hours I would remove it...if it is thin try giving your large crickets lots of fresh fruit and veggies and then feed the fat and healthy crickets to the spider...hope this helps a little..

Regards, Mike ;)