Cleaning around GBB webs

tyler1998

Arachnopeon
i bought a GBB sling recently and was wondering if I should pay any special attention to its webbing. Sometimes I’ll have to destroy part of her web to get to dead cricket remains or change the water and I want to make sure I’m not being too invasive. This is my first tarantula so any other tips on GBB care would be much appreciated (i.e. substrates, diet, enclosure etc)

cold blood

Staff member
They have an endless supply, endless time and dump webbing everywhere....never feel bad for having to tear a part of it up to do something you need to do.

Nightshady

Dislike Harvester
i bought a GBB sling recently and was wondering if I should pay any special attention to its webbing. Sometimes I’ll have to destroy part of her web to get to dead cricket remains or change the water and I want to make sure I’m not being too invasive. This is my first tarantula so any other tips on GBB care would be much appreciated (i.e. substrates, diet, enclosure etc)
Substrate - I prefer fine Coco fiber

Diet - crickets are just fine

Habitat - they like lots of anchor points for webbing. They do fine in a habitat that is slightly bigger than you would need. They don’t usually burrow, so only need enough substrate to make sure the height to ceiling isn’t too much (1.5-2x legspan). Will post a pic below or my habitat for my GBB sling.

Temp - I like to keep around 70-77 F.

Humidity - they like it a bit more arid, so just a full water dish is all you need.

Attachments

Nightshady

Dislike Harvester
Looking back I probably should have used more substrate to make the height to ceiling less, but at this point it’s big enough that it’s not an issue.