1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Michael Ortiz, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Advertisement
    Hello everybody! I’m getting my 1.5 inch gbb sling in the next day in a half. Any suggestions or comments/ personal experiences anyone would like to share. I’m hoping to extract as much out of the community as I can for this sling. Yes I have done a lot of homework on the Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens. But there is no better teacher than experience. So for example maybe some enclosure ideas?!! Well anything will be helpful. Besides that want to get to know some of you here on arachnoboards.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. tkid02

tkid02 Arachnosquire Active Member

i've never owned one, but from what i've read they like it dry so a water bottle cap should suffice and a lot of anchor points cus they will web up the whole thing probably the lid too so some bark,foliage and you should be fine :)

3. tewebag

tewebag Arachnoknight Active Member

I keep mine in an oversize sterlite container just because of how it webs. I have removed the label but I am guessing it is about 7 quart filled half way with substrate.
    With a gbb you do want to give them extra room because they will web it all up. Make sure there is plenty of anchor points for them to use and they will fill the entire enclosure up. Not the best picture but this is about a month of it being in there.
    20181002_233448.jpg

I provided a hide but it has made its own web tunnel while ignoring the hide (where the t is now), keep the substrate dry after it reaches 1 inch dls (mines around 2 1/4).

Welcome to the boards, any questions feel free to ask.

4. Thekla

Thekla Arachnobaron Active Member

Like the others said: Keep them dry with a water dish and loads of anchor points. I put mine when it was about the size of yours in a 6" DIY cube. Try to put the water dish away from anchor points, that way it may not be webbed over so quickly. ;)

20181003_064026.jpg

I always use some leaning cork bark where it can hide behind. Until now she always used it as a hide/starting point for her webbing. ;)

20181003_064114.jpg

5. Teal

Teal Arachnoking Active Member

Just rehoused mine as it outgrew its original sling enclosure rather quickly... it's probably 1.5" now. I moved it into a large deli container, as shown, with foliage and some bark for webbing. Just being in overnight, it had already started webbing up. They can be skittish, so use caution when opening the enclosure... mine would run down into deeper webbing, but it isn't a guarantee they won't try to bolt out. As others said, use dry substrate - just a water dish is sufficient.

Attached Files:

6. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

Faster than you think
    Extremely hardy
    The color and pattern changes are like no other species out there
    Excellent setae flickers
    Great eaters
    Keep it in very xeric conditions!!
    By 2.5-3" it will not always be obvious that it needs water, unlike when they are small. Make sure you have a water bowl.
    Drop in anchor points

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  7. Snowy Snowman

Snowy Snowman Arachnosquire Active Member

Canada
    Ooh, xeric, I learned a new word today.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dragondrool

Dragondrool Arachnosquire Active Member

Ooo
    ideas you say? I have a few :) While messing around with my A.avic decorations I wanted to replicate trees for her. I have a bunch of fish tank plants from a friend that's all washed, and I have some sticks I didn't use. I got some wire and tied plants to the top of the stick and positioned it so that the plants drape down like vines or leaves. For hides, I took toilet paper rolls and tore them so they made a bunch of hidey holes, though I was told they're not good because they deteriorate, but I've never had any problems with them. Cork bark works the same. As another hobby I collect rocks, minerals, an bones. After a good wash I use them as decoration. I have some cracked geodes in my gecko and cockroach tank. I also got a bunch of plants for a couple dollars at an art store, much cheaper than a pet store.

9. MikeofBorg

MikeofBorg Arachnosquire

Nice addition. Have never had one myself but I've read a lot about them here and see a few videos on them. You will have a beautiful spider on your hands.