Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens lifespan questions

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's always been my understanding that GBB females can live over 15 years.

I understand this species is rather new to the hobby and extensive studies on longevity haven't been done, but I was talking to a guy at a local reptile shop who said he has had several GBB females die around the 6 or 7 year old mark. I was a bit skeptical.

Has anyone else had this experience?
Who has the oldest GBB on here?

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I would like to know that as well. They grow very fast, so I would think they would have a shorter life span. I have a female that matured in about 1.5 years.

madamoisele

Arachnosquire
I bought a female GBB from a pet store that the guy claimed was 6 years old. She died inside of 3 months.

OphidianDelight

Arachnoknight
I had two, both males--one lived for give or take 2.5 years and the other for around 3. Both made it to maturity.

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mine died at about 5 yrs old. Sad thing was that I had sold it to a very cool guy and it died under his care, within a year of the sale : (

jondee84

Arachnopeon
My CC is doing well, I've had her/him for about 6 months and this was from juvenile, it is growing pretty quickly and the colourings are brilliant. I'd like to think they live a bit longer than 6yrs if brought through properly from slings.

Mine is due a shed very soon! Which I will hopefully sex from!

Stopdroproll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't know the age or sex of my GBB, but it pretty much more than doubled in size in one year from 1.5". My feeding schedule is very conservative.

Maxrpm

Arachnopeon
I had one mature into a male in a year. Got him as a second instar sling. Fed twice a week until 2" mark then fed every other week. I even fed him under sized roaches but he just kept on molting. Sadly i sent him off to breed and he got ate. Three weeks post ultimate molt.

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've heard of max lifespan around 12 years but most make it to 8yrs ..need more input though...