1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Choose my nex T.

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by korlash091, Nov 8, 2018.

1. moshpitpanda

moshpitpanda Arachnosquire Active Member

Advertisement
    Love my vagans if that helps. Very simple and beautiful species

2. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnotank Arachnosupporter

It's a red and black Psalmopoeus, nothing more needs to be said :troll:

Mine's only a juvie so it doesn't have full adult colours yet but so far it's a decent grower, great eater and has a bit of an attitude already.

• Like Like x 1
  3. tkid02

tkid02 Arachnosquire Active Member

Lol u love your phormictopus huh. I’m actually kind of in this debate myself trying to decide between a c. verisicolor or a t stirmi.

4. antinous

antinous Phormic-Addict Arachnosupporter

I don't see what you have to decide on?

5. tkid02

lol on which one I might get. I really like the colors on the c. Versi and already got an lp so I’ll probably get the Versi.

6. antinous

I meant that there's no competition between the two. One, the goddess Theraphosa, is a majestic beast, the other is.....yea. :troll:

7. tkid02

lmao brainfart but i feel ya. but also those colors tho :greedy:

8. Tenebrarius

Tenebrarius Arachnobaron Active Member

get P. met just so polite I assure you;)
    (that's OC btw so boo to you meme banning euros)

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. MikeofBorg

MikeofBorg Arachnosquire

[​IMG]
    Grab one of these beauties a Cyriopagopus lividus. Very spunky Ts, always ready to defend their turf. They kinda like blue and gray OBTs in their attitude. Love my girl though, she has really calmed down since I put this hide in there for her. She even went full terrestrial on me and filled her burrow in and just uses the hide.

• Like Like x 1
  10. korlash091

korlash091 Arachnopeon Active Member

Yeah i think im sold on this one, maybe ill get 2 of them.
    wow really nice T, i would love to get one, but i dont know if i can find them near my area.

• Like Like x 1
  11. antinous

What tarantula species are readily available in the Mexican hobby?

12. korlash091

We have a lot of avics, caribena, geniculata (these come as freebies pretty often), a lot aphonopelmas and brachys, obt's, davus (pentaloris and faciatus),
    some phormics and pamphobeteus, pokies, grammostolas, some euathlus, pterinopelma sazimai, gbb's, and nandhus.
    those are the ones you can get easily and legaly, maybe some more but im not sure.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  13. antinous

I’d recommend Pamphobeteus sp., not just because I’m a huge fan of them, but also because they’re large and colorful. Great display species as well. Here are some of mine, a lot of them are slings/juvies but they get this incredible coloration as they grow.
    2A58D264-B95B-4368-A434-4939F8575C9F.jpeg F0819FED-3E4D-4C0E-86E2-3B4D825CC513.jpeg 8D2EFE75-3D8D-4FA2-A275-96D9A2EACC94.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  14. korlash091

wow they're pretty nice indeed, maybe ill try to get some of those too! thank you.

15. The Grym Reaper

D. fasciatus aren't in the hobby, if you get one then it's a mislabelled pentaloris

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. korlash091

Didn't know that, thank you, whats the difference between fasciatus and pentaloris?

17. JAFUENTES

JAFUENTES Arachnodragon Arachnosupporter

Get a Chilobrachys species of any sort if you like to be on your toes and always ready for the unexpected.

• Like Like x 1
  18. The Grym Reaper

Carapace colour, pentaloris is orange, fasciatus is black.

D. pentaloris (formerly Cyclosternum pentalore) was mistakenly sold en masse as D. fasciatus (Cyclosternum fasciatum) back when they were still Cyclosternum spp., some people still do it (either unknowingly or on purpose).

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. korlash091

oh ok, good to know, thank you for the info!

20. Aleetist

Aleetist Arachnosquire Active Member

PNW
    Get one. Get one now. I'm totally in love with mine.

Great coloring half red half black. Good eater, arboreal, heavy webber, makes amazing dirt curtains, always see mine out except in premolt.

If you have the money and these are available near you, you will kick yourself later if you don't get one now. They are new and a bit harder to find at the moment and could go off market and not show up for a while.

• Agree Agree x 1