Chonks not doing great

CritterKeeper21

Arachnosquire
So Chonk, my Asian forest scorpion has been doing poorly for a few days and seems to have gotten suddenly worse. He has been walking twitchy for a few days now and today it was especially bad.

Here is a picture I just took
DSC_0533.JPG
Contrary to how he looks, he is alive. I have removed all prey, filled thebwater dish, and leveled most obstacles, but does anyone have any idea what could've caused this and what else I could do to try to save him?
His only injurt, that I can see, is he is missing a bit of the end of one leg and I don't know how current.
DSC_0535.JPG
Any help is appreciated. I'm going to turn him right side up now.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
So Chonk, my Asian forest scorpion has been doing poorly for a few days and seems to have gotten suddenly worse. He has been walking twitchy for a few days now and today it was especially bad.

Here is a picture I just took
View attachment 308747
Contrary to how he looks, he is alive. I have removed all prey, filled thebwater dish, and leveled most obstacles, but does anyone have any idea what could've caused this and what else I could do to try to save him?
His only injurt, that I can see, is he is missing a bit of the end of one leg and I don't know how current.
View attachment 308748
Any help is appreciated. I'm going to turn him right side up now.
He is a She and it looks Very gravid or ready to molt. Try increasing the temperature and spray the enclosure at the same time. NOT the scorpion. It looks like she is having trouble trying to give birth, or having trouble molting.

Last edited:

CritterKeeper21

Arachnosquire
He is a She and .it looks Very gravid or ready to molt. Try increasing the temperature and spray the enclosure at the same time. NOT the scorpion. It looks like she is having trouble trying to give birth, or having trouble molting.
I have a moonlight heat bulb, should I put that on them?

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
I have a moonlight heat bulb, should I put that on them?
You need a temp. around 85 - 88 F. basking area, a little higher not a problem in that area - as long as she can move away if wanting to. Better to have warmer than cooler as long as she can move from hot to cooler areas, and vis versa.

CritterKeeper21

Arachnosquire
You need a temp. around 85 - 88 F. basking area, a little higher not a problem in that area - as long as she can move away if wanting to. Better to have warmer than cooler as long as she can move from hot to cooler areas, and vis versa.
Okay so I accidentally dropped a potted plant in Chonk's tank so there's some soil and perlite on her substrate. Is it fine to leave until she gets better then change everything out?

NMWAPBT

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Is it possible that somehow your scorpion was exposed to any insecticide? I've seen bugs of different species act that way after we sprayed barns at my old work?

CritterKeeper21

Arachnosquire
Is it possible that somehow your scorpion was exposed to any insecticide? I've seen bugs of different species act that way after we sprayed barns at my old work?
We haven't sprayed in while and I thought scorps were resistant to pesticides?

NMWAPBT

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Only if its dried and not sprayed on them does it have no effect. However if their prey has ingested it it can pass on to them. Which I wouldn't think would be the case here because most of us buy store bought food items for our inverts.

CritterKeeper21

Arachnosquire
Only if its dried and not sprayed on them does it have no effect. However if their prey has ingested it it can pass on to them. Which I wouldn't think would be the case here because most of us buy store bought food items for our inverts.
Yeah I use store bought too and my c. Sculpturatus are fine. Chonk is dead now though and seems to br deflating a bit so thats that I guess.

NMWAPBT

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah I use store bought too and my c. Sculpturatus are fine. Chonk is dead now though and seems to br deflating a bit so thats that I guess.
Sorry man that always sucks . Sometimes it is just that way though.